Roles and responsibilities
I am a research associate in the fire safety unit.
My main role is conducting computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and kinetic modelling of fire scenarios
Current research and/or projects
- Modelling of water mist suppression systems in timber wood buildings
- Modelling of wildland-urban interface (WUI) fire scenarios
- Investigating the performance of air-treatment technologies against smoke from wildfires.
- PhD Chemical and Biological engineering, King Abdullah University for Science and Technology (KAUST), 2018
- M.Sc. Chemical Engineering, Alexandria University-Egypt, 2013
- B.Sc. Chemical Engineering, Alexandria University-Egypt, 2010
- Fire modelling
- Kinetic modelling
- Outstanding poster presentation, International Gas Kinetics Conference, York, United Kingdom, 2016.
- KAUST graduate student fellowship, 2014.
- Certificate of honor, for the excellent academic performance during 5 years of undergraduate studies, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt, 2010.
- Atef, N. et al., “A Comprehensive Iso-octane Combustion Model with Improved Thermochemistry and Chemical kinetics”, Combustion and Flame, Volume 178, 2017, Pages 111-134.
- Atef, N. et al., “Numerical investigation of injector geometry effects on fuel stratification in a GCI engine”, Fuel, Volume 214, 2018, Pages 580-589.
Previous work experience
- Lecturer Assistant, Alexandria university-Egypt
November 2013- August 2014
- Demonstrator, Alexandria university-Egypt
May 2011- November 2013