Roles and responsibilities
In our group we use state-of-the-art airborne instruments to collect and analyze atmospheric data to improve our understanding of the atmospheric processes and cloud microphysics.
The data sets that we collect are used to make aviation safer and to improve weather forecasts and global climate models.
- Cloud research: Operation of aerosol and cloud sampling instruments, development and validation of new sensors, initiating collaborations and generating ideas for future studies.
- Data: Managing, processing, analysis, and distribution of the collected data.
Current research and/or projects
ICICLE (In Cloud ICicng and Large drop Experiment) 2019 - extensive multiplatform study of the icing conditions that may pose a threat to commercial aviation, such as freezing drizzle or freezing rain (Chicago, IL, USA)
RadSnowExp (Radar Snow Experiment) 2018 campaign in the arctic region (Iqaluit, NU, Canada) for evaluation of remote sensing techniques sensitivity, investigation and documentation of the local precipitation variability and in situ study of cloud microphysics and aerosol content.
- Ph.D. Atmospheric Sciences (Marie Curie Fellowship), University of Manchester 2017
- M.Sc. Chemistry and Materials science, Tel Aviv University 2009
- B.Sc. Chemistry, Tel Aviv University, 2004
- Airborne measurements
- Laboratory studies
- Instruments development
- Interdepartmental collaboration
Member of the European Geosciences Union
- Atmospheric and Space Electricity travel award, American Geophysical Union , 2015
- Manchester Enterprise Center Innovation Challenge 2015
International experience and/or work
- 2016 - 2018 Boston College and Aerodyne Research Inc., MA, USA
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Laboratory studies of aerosol coagulation, optical properties of coated soot, aerosol-cloud interactions in collaboration with MIT.
FIREX field study in Aerodyne Mobile Lab (Idaho, USA).
- 2013 - 2016 (6 months) CERN, Switzerland
Early Stage Researcher
Participant in the CLOUD project.
- 2009 - 2013 Landa Corporation, Israel
R&D Materials Chemist
R&D of Nanography® printing, Research in Green Energy technologies
- 2002 - 2004 Aeromedical center, Israel