Roles and responsibilities
- Leader of the MS & NMR Analytics Team in the Human Health Therapeutics Centre
- Leader of Target Selection & Antibody Discovery project within the Multifunctional Antibody Therapeutics Program
- Member of the NRC’s President Research Excellence Advisory Committee (2020-2023)
- Chair of the Director General’s Research Excellence Advisory Committee (Jan 2022- Dec 2023)
Current research and/or projects
- Target selection and early development of novel cancer therapeutics, including antibody-drug conjugates and immune modulators;
- Biological interpretation of complex datasets to select new therapeutics and disease biomarkers;
- Design of novel proteomic and glycoproteomic workflows to apply in the area of protein therapeutic development.
- Biophysical characterization of protein therapeutics, with a special interest in developing novel mass spectrometry methods to enable analysis of complex molecules.
Ph.D. in Biochemistry (2000): Harvard University, Department of Molecular & Cellular Biology, Cambridge MA, USA
B.Sc. in Biochemistry with highest distinction and honors in Biochemistry (1995): Pennsylvania State University, Schreyer Honors College, State College PA, USA.
- Fauteux F, Surendra A, McComb S, Pan Y, Hill JJ. “Identification of transcriptional subtypes in lung adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma through integrative analysis of microarray and RNA sequencing data” Scientific Reports 2021 11:8709.
- Hill JJ, Haqqani AS, Stanimirovic DB. Proteome of the luminal surface of the blood-brain barrier. Proteomes 2021 9:45. Invited contribution to a special issue (page charges waived): Blood-Brain Barrier Proteomics (Karamanos and Pottiez, eds).
- Tremblay TL and Hill JJ Adding polyvinylpyrrolidone to low level protein samples significantly improves peptide recovery in FASP digests: An inexpensive and simple modification to the FASP protocol. Journal of Proteomics 2021 230: 104000.
- Hill JJ, Tammy-Lynn Tremblay, Christopher Corbeil, Enrico Purisima, and Traian Sulea. “An accurate TMT-based approach to quantify and model lysine susceptibility to conjugation via N-hydroxysuccinimide esters in a monoclonal antibody”. Scientific Reports 2018; 8:17680.
- Tremblay TL and Hill JJ Biotin-transfer from a trifunctional crosslinker for identification of cell-surface receptors of soluble protein ligands. Scientific Reports 2017; 7: 46574.
- Fauteux F, Hill JJ, Jaramillo ML, Pan Y, Phan S, Famili F, O’Connor-McCourt M. Computational selection of antibody-drug conjugate targets for breast cancer. Oncotarget 2016 Jan 19;7(3):2555-71.
- Hill JJ, Tremblay TL, Fauteux F, Li J, Wang E, Aguilar-Mahecha A, Basik M, O'Connor-McCourt M. Glycoproteomic comparison of clinical triple-negative and luminal breast tumors. J Proteome Res. 2015 Mar 6;14(3):1376-88.
- Hill JJ, Tremblay TL, Pen A, Li J, Robotham AC, Lenferink AE, Wang E, O'Connor-McCourt M, Kelly JF. Identification of vascular breast tumor markers by laser capture microdissection and label-free LC-MS. J Proteome Res. 2011 May 6;10(5):2479-93.