Roles and responsibilities
-Senior Research Officer, Research on machine learning, artificial intelligence, blockchain, structural proteomics and data streams, Digital Technologies Research Centre
-Adjunct Professor, Graduate students supervision in Computer Science, University of Ottawa
-International Expert, Standardization, Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies, ISO
-International Expert, Standardization, Artificial Intelligence, ISO/IEC
Current research and/or projects
-Deep reinforcement learning for financial portfolio management and decentralized autonomous organization
-Secure Scalable Quantum-Safe Blockchain for Critical Infrastructure
-Deep learning for predicting mutational effects in protein
-Ph. D., Computer Vision, Laval University, 1994
-M. Sc., Nonlinear Quantum Optics, Laval University, 1991
-B. Sc., Physics, Laval University, 1990
-International Expert, Standardization, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) – International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), Joint Technical Committee 1, Sub Committee 42, Artificial Intelligence
-International Expert, Standardization, Technical Committee 307, Blockchain and electronic distributed ledger technologies
Adjunct Professor, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Ottawa
Leading Scientific Teams, Canada School of Public Service
Inventions and patents
-Canada, Patent No. 2,394,698, Method of Searching 3-Dimensional Images (March 2009
-United States, Patent No. 6,631,364, Method of Searching Three-Dimensional Images (October 2003)
-United States, Patent No. 6,016,487, Method of Searching Three-Dimensional Images (January 2000)
- K. Madi, E. Paquet and H. Kheddoucia, “New Graph Edit Distance for Deformable 3D Objects Recognition based on Triangle-Stars Decomposition”, Journal of Pattern Recognition, 90, 297-307 (2019).
- E. Paquet and H. L. Viktor, “Computational Methods for Ab Initio Molecular Dynamics – A Review”, Advances in Chemistry, ID 9839641, 14 pp. (2018).
- A. Pesaranghader, H. L. Viktor and E. Paquet, “Reservoir of Diverse Adaptive Learners and Stacking Fast Hoeffding Drift Detection Methods for Evolving Data Streams”, Machine Learning, 107 (260), 1-33 (2018).
- M. K. Olorunnimbe, H. L. Viktor and E. Paquet, “Dynamic Adaptation of Online Ensembles for Drifting Data Streams”, Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, 50 (2), 291-313 (2017).
- A. P. Manceur, W. Zou, A. Marcil, E. Paquet, C. Gadoury, B. Jaentschke, X. Li, E. Petiot, Y. Durocher, J. Baardsnes, M. Rosa-Calatrava, S. Ansorge and A. A. Kamen, “Generation of Monoclonal Pan-Hemagglutinin Antibodies against Multiple Strains of Influenza”, PLoS ONE, 12 (6): e0118314, 18 pp. (2017).
- E. Paquet, J.-A. Beraldin, H. L. Viktor and B. Benedetti, “The application of content-based indexing and retrieval of digital pictures and range images to the 3d virtual reconstruction of complex sites and architectures”, International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences - ISPRS Archives, 8 pp. (2017).
- E. Paquet and H. L. Viktor, “Isometrically invariant and allosterically aware description of deformable macromolecular surfaces: application to the viral neuraminidase”, Vaccine, 33 (48), 6930-7 (2015).
- E. Paquet and H. L. Viktor, “Molecular Dynamics, Monte Carlo Simulations and Langevin Dynamics: a Computational Review”, Invited Paper, Special Issue on Influenza Vaccines and Immunotherapeutics, BioMed Research International, ID 183918, 18 pp. (2015).
- E. Paquet, H. L. Viktor and H Guo, “Learning in the Presence of Large Fluctuations: A Study of Aggregation and Correlation”, New Frontiers in Mining Complex Patterns, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 7765, Springer Verlag, 49-63 (2013).
- E. Paquet and H. L. Viktor, “Macromolecular Structure Comparison and Docking: an Algorithmic Review”, Special Issue on Molecular Modeling and QSAR Studies for Drug Design, Current Pharmaceutical Design 19 (12), 2183-2193 (2013).
- H. Guo, H. L. Viktor and E. Paquet, “Reducing the Size of Databases for Multirelational Classification: a Subgraph-based Approach”, Springer Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, 40 (2), 349-374 (2013).
Publications in Refereed Conference Proceedings
- A. Pesaranghader, H. L. Viktor and E. Paquet, “McDiarmid Drift Detection Methods for Evolving Data Streams”, Accepted in the IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI), International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 8-13 July, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1-9 (2018).
- R. Alabdulrahman, H. L. Viktor and E. Paquet, “Beyond kNN: Combining Cluster Analysis and Classification for Recommender Systems”, Accepted in the 10th International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Information Retrieval (KDIR), 18-20 September, Seville, Spain, 10 pp. (2018).
- S. Saroop, H. L. Viktor and E. Paquet, “Exploring MediaToil Imagery: A Content-based Approach”, 9th International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Information Retrieval (KDIR), 1-3 November, Funchal, Madeira – Portugal, 9 pp. (2017).
- S. D'Ettorre, H. L. Viktor and E. Paquet, “Context-based abrupt change detection and adaptation for categorical data streams”, 20th International Conference on Discovery Science (DS), 15-17 October, Kyoto, Japan, 3-17 (2017).
- M. K. Olorunnimbe, H. L. Viktor and E. Paquet, “Intelligent Adaptive Ensembles for Data Stream Mining: a High Return on Investment Approach”, PKDD-ECML 4th International Workshop on New Frontiers in Mining Complex Data, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, 7 September, Porto, Portugal, 12 pp. (2016).
- A. Pesaranghader, H. L. Viktor, E. Paquet, “A Framework for Classification in Data Streams using Multi-strategy Learning ”, Discovery Science, 19-21 October, Bari, Italy, 15 pp. (2016).
- R. Alabdulrahman, H. L. Viktor and E. Paquet, “An Active Learning Approach for Ensemble-based Data Stream Mining”, 8th International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management (KDIR), 9-11 November, Porto, Portugal, 8 pp. (2016).
- K. Madi, E. Paquet, H. Seba and H. Kheddouci, “Graph Edit Distance based on Triangle-Stars Decomposition for Deformable 3D Objects Recognition”, International Conference on 3D Vision (3DV), 19-22 October, Lyon, France, 55-63 (2015).
- M. K. Olorunnimbe, H. L. Viktor and E. Paquet, “Intelligent Adaptation of Ensemble Size in Data Streams Using Online Learning”, PKDD-ECML 4th International Workshop on New Frontiers in Mining Complex Data, 7 September, Porto, Portugal, 12 pp. (2015).
- A. Agrawal, H. L. Viktor and E. Paquet, “w”, 7th International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discover (KDIR), 12-14 November, Lisbon, Portugal, 226-234 (2015).
- E. Paquet, D. De Youngster, H. L. Viktor and E. Petriu, “Physics-based Measurements, Reflective Measurements and Meta-Measurements for Nonrigid and Deformable Shapes - With Application to Structural Proteomics and Macromolecular Docking”, IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Virtual Environments for Measurement Systems and Applications (CIVEMSA), 5-7 May, Ottawa, Canada, 112-117, 978-1-4799-2614-5/14/ (2014).
- Hamid Hadavi, Herna L. Viktor and Eric Paquet, “A Quantum Particle Swarm Optimization and Genetic Algorithm Approach to the Correspondence Problem”. IEEE International Symposium on Innovations in Intelligent Systems and Applications (INISTA), 23-25 June, Alberobello, Italy, 226-233, 78-1-4799-3020-3/14/ (2014).
- E. Paquet and H. L. Viktor, “Toward a better description of deformable macromolecular surfaces: isometrically invariant and allosterically aware shape signature based on the fractional Fokker-Planck equation”, 4th Computational Vaccinology Workshop at ISV, 25 October, Philadelphia, USA, 7 pp. (2014).
- H. L. Viktor, E. Paquet and Paquet and J. Zhao, “Artificial Neural Networks for Predicting 3D Protein Structures from Amino Acid Sequences “, International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), 4-9 August, Dallas, TX, USA, 1790-1797 (2013).
- E. Paquet and H. L. Viktor,” Isometrically Invariant Description of Deformable Objects based on the Fractional Heat Equation”, International Conference on Computer Analysis of Images and Patterns (CAIP), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 8048, Springer, 27-29 August, York, UK, 135-143 (2013).
- D. De Youngster, E. Paquet, H. L. Viktor and E. Petriu, “An Isometry-Invariant Spectral Approach for Protein-Protein Docking”, IEEE 13th International Conference on BioInformatics and BioEngineering (BIBE), 10-13 November, Chania, Greece, 1-6, 978-1-4799-3163-7/13/ (2013).
Chapters in Books
- E. Paquet, H. L. Viktor and H. Guo, “Data Mining in Finance: Current Advances and Future Challenges”, in Big Data Analysis: New Algorithms for a New Society, Invited Chapter, Nathalie Japkowicz and Jerzy Stefa Editors, Springer, Heidelberg, ISBN 978-3-319-26987-0, 159-175 (2015).
- E. Paquet and H. L. Viktor, “Segmentation and classification of anthropometric data for the apparel industry”, in Anthropometry, apparel sizing and design, Invited Chapter, D. Gupta and N. Zakaria Editors, Woodhead Publishing, London, ISBN 978-0-85709-681-4, 123-140 (2014).
Previous work experience
Development Engineer, Development of a 3-D hand-held scanner, Tricorder plc, London, UK, 1997
International experience and/or work
-Guest researcher, Research on 3-D cultural heritage databases, Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, Pisa, Italy, 2009
-Guest Researcher, Research on 3-D anthropometry, TELECOM Lille 1, France, 2002, 2003 and 2008
-Guest Researcher, Research on virtual and augmented reality, Foundation Bruno Kessler, Trento, Italy, 2003
-Guest Researcher, Research on augmented reality, School of Industrial Design, Polytechnic University of Milan, Italy, 2003
-Guest Researcher, Research on visual Data Mining, University of Pretoria, South Africa, 2001 and 2002
- International Expert, Standardization, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) – International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), Joint Technical Committee 1, Sub Committee 29, Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information, 1998-2000
-Postdoctoral researcher, Research on super-resolution, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, 1996
-Postdoctoral researcher, Research on optical Information Processing, University of Valencia, Spain, 1995
-Guest Researcher, Research on nonlinear optical filtering, ITMO University, Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1992
ResearchGate Profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Eric_Paquet2