Direct access to codes and user's guides in electronic format!
Codes and user's guides published by the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) are available directly through the NRC Publications Archive in free electronic format. To access the electronic documents, visit the online collection of Codes Canada publications in the archive.
To purchase the publications in print format, please continue to place your order online through the NRC Virtual Store. Alternatively, send a completed order form (PDF, 164 KB) to Codes Canada Publication Sales by fax, email or regular mail.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
Opening hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Eastern time, Monday to Friday
To choose the right edition of the Code for your jurisdiction, check with the municipal, provincial or territorial official.
The User's Guide to the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2015 is designed to complement the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2015 by providing additional background information as well as detailed examples and calculations. It describes the various compliance approaches in the Code and presents examples of trade-off path calculations.
This edition of the User's Guide has been updated to address the Code changes made to the trade-off path for lighting, the HVAC and service water provisions, and the performance path modeling rules and guidance updates. The User's Guide is an ideal training tool for educators and trainers.
Table of contents
- Commentary on Part 3 Building Envelope
- Commentary on Part 4 Lighting
- Commentary on Part 5 Heating, Ventilating and Air-conditioning Systems
- Commentary on Part 6 Service Water Heating Systems
- Commentary on Part 7 Electrical Power Systems and Motors
- Commentary on Part 8 Building Energy Performance Compliance Path
- Soft Cover $45.00 CAD
- Free PDF file available through the NRC Publications Archive