We cultivate nanoscience platforms that lead to revolutionary technologies and applications to enhance human health, the environment and society's technological future. In the pursuit of innovation and advancement, we strategically draw upon foundational expertise across science disciplines such as chemistry, biology, physics, material science, and engineering. We advance Canadian innovations by deploying cutting-edge nanoscience, developing expert microscopy capabilities, and by establishing and leveraging national and international collaborations and partnerships.
Services and information
- Electrostatically regulated atomic scale electroconductivity device
- Thermally degradable adhesives with cellulose and related methods of manufacture and use
- Two- and three-terminal molecular electronic devices with ballistic electron
Developing nano-enabled solutions to Canada's pressing health, environment, and technology challenges, we deliver world-leading microscopy innovations and cutting-edge nanoscience and technology platforms in key research areas including:
- intelligent analytical microscopy
- nanobiology applications
- nano and atom-scale electronics
We provide advanced research and comprehensive technical services to our clients thanks to our multidisciplinary expertise which encompasses nanobiology, optoelectronics, nano/microfabrication and specialized chemical synthesis. Our state-of-the-art nanoscale imaging capabilities feature one-of-a-kind instrumentation, enabling experiments unavailable in commercial units. We specialize in nanoscale instrumentation for R&D and commercial applications and devise novel techniques to solve the toughest characterization challenges. Our extensive capabilities are enhanced by collaborations with national and international leaders in academia, government, and industry.
- Electrochemical formation of four Al-Li phases (β-AlLi, Al₂Li₃, AlLi₂₋ₓ, Al₄Li₉) at intermediate temperatures
- Enhanced solvation force extrapolation for speeding up molecular dynamics simulations of complex biochemical liquids
- Thermally stable core-shell star-shaped block copolymers for antifouling enhancement of water purification membranes
- Toward the quantitative the interpretation of hole-free phase plate images in a transmission electron microscope.
- The role of hydration effects in 5-fluorouridine binding to SOD1: insight from a new 3D-RISM-KH based protocol for including structural water in docking simulations