We cultivate nanoscience platforms that lead to revolutionary technologies and applications to enhance human health, the environment and society's technological future. In the pursuit of innovation and advancement, we strategically draw upon foundational expertise across science disciplines such as chemistry, biology, physics, material science, and engineering. We advance Canadian innovations by deploying cutting-edge nanoscience, developing expert microscopy capabilities, and by establishing and leveraging national and international collaborations and partnerships.
Services and information
- Electrostatically regulated atomic-scale electroconductivity device
- Thermally degradable adhesives with cellulose and related methods of manufacture and use
- Two- and three-terminal molecular electronic devices with ballistic electron
Developing nano-enabled solutions to Canada's pressing health, environment, and technology challenges, we deliver world-leading microscopy innovations and cutting-edge nanoscience and technology platforms in key research areas including:
- Developmental and analytical microscopy – insights into new ways to see and manipulate the nano world
- Biomedical nanotechnologies – nanotechnology for improving Canadians' quality of life
- Detection and automation – design, fabrication, integration, and automation of nano-enabled sensor platforms
We provide advanced research and comprehensive technical services to our clients thanks to our multidisciplinary expertise which encompasses nanobiology, optoelectronics, nano/microfabrication and specialized chemical synthesis. Our state-of-the-art nanoscale imaging capabilities feature one-of-a-kind instrumentation, enabling experiments unavailable in commercial units. We specialize in nanoscale instrumentation for R&D and commercial applications and devise novel techniques to solve the toughest characterization challenges. Our extensive capabilities are enhanced by collaborations with national and international leaders in academia, government, and industry.
There are a number of ways to work with the NRC's Nanotechnology Research Centre. We are happy to partner with new clients and other researchers to collaborate on projects where complementary skills and expertise are required. The Nanotechnology Research Centre also makes its modern instrumentation available to clients and collaborators, some of which can be used by clients directly. Alternatively, our qualified and experienced staff can carry out the tests on your behalf. To discuss how we can best support you, please contact us for more information.
- Molecular interactions between monoclonal oligomer-specific antibody 5E3 and its amyloid beta cognates
- Investigation of capillary filling dynamics of multicomponent fluids in straight and periodically constricted microchannels
- Development of Fukui function based descriptors for a machine learning study of CO₂ reduction
- Peroxidase-like behavior of Ni thin films deposited by glancing angle deposition for Enzyme-free uric acid sensing
- The possible uses and challenges of nanomaterials in mast cell research