Accurate measurement underpins industrial success across all sectors of the economy. It is therefore essential to mobilize highly credible metrology infrastructure and intelligence. The NRC's Metrology Research Centre meets this demand with world-class facilities, technologies and staff, tackling challenges in innovation and providing first-rate metrology capabilities.
Services and information
- Precision instrumentation for mass measurement (vacuum and watt balances)
- World-leading single-ion optical frequency determination
- A comprehensive suite of mass spectrometers for speciation and quantification
- A variety of advanced microscopes that open the door to the nanoscale
Applications and tools
Technical and advisory services
Certified Reference Materials
For nearly a century, the NRC has been a leader in the world of metrology. Our innovative technology and high-performance laboratories have enabled us to compete with the top minds in the industry, and to conduct frontier research in emerging sectors that have low technology readiness levels. Our staff, including Canada's Chief Metrologist, offers unparalleled knowledge and expertise.
Our clients rely on us for accurate, traceable measurements that define the national standard, in line with international requirements. Our metrology services play a crucial role in the welfare of society, and are integral to successful innovation in areas such as interoperability, waste reduction, standards compliance, citizenry protection, fair and efficient commerce, and trade facilitation.
The NRC's world-class research infrastructure and unique expertise, combined with, customizable service options and high ethical standards, make us the ideal partner to support your vision with innovative services and solutions.
- Structure elucidation and relative toxicity of (24R)-24-hydroxyyessotoxin from a Namibian isolate of Gonyaulax spinifera
- Changes in the physical properties of silver nanoparticles in cell culture media mediate cellular toxicity and uptake
- Comprehensive multi-technique approach reveals the high diversity of microcystins in field collections and an associated isolate of Microcystis aeruginosa from a Turkish lake
- Diagnostic detection systems and QuEChERS methods for multiclass pesticide analyses in different types of fruits: an overview from the last decade
- Repeatability and intermediate precision of a mass concentration calibration system