We are Canada's foremost authority on astronomy and astrophysics, maintaining Canada's largest and most powerful observatories, and representing the country in some of the world's leading astronomy initiatives.
We operate Canada's national observatories, provide extensive data management and analysis tools through our Canadian Astronomy Data Centre, support activities at international observatories, and develop advanced astronomical instruments with industrial partners.
Services and information
Applications and tools
Technical and advisory services
We collaborate with industry, academia and government partners to design and develop innovative technologies to advance our understanding of the universe. Our engagement models include:
- Collaborative research and technology development
- Instrumentation, observatory design and construction projects
- Technical and advisory services
We work with Canadian and international partners in astronomy and astrophysics:
- Research organizations
- Small and medium sized enterprises
- Government departments
- Wildfire management at the Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory
- Searching for Cosmic Dawn
- National Research Council of Canada signs cooperation agreement with international radio observatory: SKAO
- Royal Society of Canada College members Drs. McConnachie and De Luna
- A look into the NRC faces behind the James Webb Space Telescope
- What's killing galaxies?
- Metabolomics and computational analysis of the role of monoamine oxidase activity in delirium and SARS-COV-2 infection
- Low voltage deformable mirror system driven by MEMS-based Lorentz actuator arrays
- GPI 2.0: design of the pyramid wave front sensor upgrade for GPI
- GPI 2.0: optimizing reconstructor performance in simulations and preliminary contrast estimates
- Metrology of Deep Dish Development array (D3A) for precision alignment and surface deformation analysis