We perform advanced scientific research and provide research services and technology development for the sustainable transformation of Canadian bio-based resources into higher-value products.
Services and information
Technical and advisory services
- Analytical chemistry services
- Bio-analysis and pre-clinical validation
- Bioconversion and bioprocessing
- Characterization, quality assurance and quality control
- DNA sequencing, genotyping and bioinformatics
- Environmental toxicology
- Imaging, fluorescence and microscopy
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy
- Seed oil analysis and Oilseed trait engineering
- Plant cell technology and tissue culture
- Plant hormone profiling
Delivering market-ready bio-based products may require additional technologies, process methodologies, genes, or libraries of natural compounds. We extend licensing opportunities for varied applications and geographical regions. Contact our business experts to discuss your needs and find out how partnership with the NRC may accelerate your time to market.
We collaborate with industry, academia and government partners to develop and transform agricultural and marine bioresources into food, feed and ingredients, and other high value bioproducts.
The services we offer include:
- Collaborative research opportunities
- Access to expert researchers and technicians
- Scientific advice and technical services
- Projects tailored to your needs using our specialized facilities
- Research and development support
Our goal is to help strengthen the economy by growing global markets for Canadian industry.
- Extraction of tannins from yellow birch: enhanced process for water conservation and energy savings
- Plant holobiont theory: the phytomicrobiome plays a central role in evolution and success
- Screening of two freshwater green microalgae in pulp and paper mill wastewater effluents in Nova Scotia, Canada
- Medical cannabis and industrial hemp tissue culture: present status and future potential
- The thermal and mechanical properties of medium chain-length polyhydroxyalkanoates produced by Pseudomonas putida LS46 on various substrates