There are many interesting and relevant ocean-related resources available online. The NRC has expertise in a variety of ocean-related research fields of study.
As the Ocean program develops and expands, we expect to broaden that expertise, however we cannot do it alone. We have a shared dependency on the ocean, and therefore a shared responsibility to protect and improve the health of our oceans.
Below is a list of online resources that support our goals related to technology development to advance Canada's blue economy.
This page will be updated as more resources become available.
National Research Council of Canada
- Ocean program
- Ocean, Coastal and River Engineering Research Centre
- Aquatic and Crop Resource Development Research Centre
- Karluk Collaboration Space
- Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP)
Government of Canada
- Oceans Protection Plan
(Transport Canada, Canadian Coast Guard, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Canadian Space Agency, Department of National Defence)
- Canada's State of the Oceans Report, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, 2012
- Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate, IPCC 2019
- The EU Blue Economy Report: 2019, European Commission 2019
- Why the ocean holds the key to sustainable development, World Economic Forum, 2019
- Sustainable Development Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources, United Nations, 2019
- The Current Status of Ocean Science around the World, UNESCO 2017
- The Ocean Economy in 2030, OECD Publishing, Paris 2016
- The Commonwealth Blue Charter: Shared ocean, shared values, The Commonwealth, 2013
If you are interested in collaborating with us, in making investments in this area, or if you have any questions, please contact:
Program Director, Ocean program