The NRC's broad range of expertise in the development of multi-functional, antibody-based therapeutics provides our partners with access to a pipeline of therapeutic assets and a full suite of capacities and expertise, from molecular modelling and primary assays to candidate selection, small- and large-scale biomanufacturing, purification and characterization, downstream processing and analytics, as well as preclinical evaluation.
Our Human Health Therapeutics Research Centre works with Canadian and international clients to develop advanced biologics (large molecule medicines) to treat a wide array of diseases and disorders. Our aim is to expand the Canadian pipeline of efficacious and multifunctional bio-therapeutics that address unmet medical needs in neurological diseases and cancer.
Long description of Antibody engineering technologies.
|Indications||Artificial intelligence assisted target selection and antibody design|
|Cancer||Challenging targets||Immunoconjugates||Multifunctional proteins|
|Neurological diseases||Co-development towards: Clinical Trial Application — Investigational New Drug|
We host the largest research and development team in Canada dedicated to the development of biologics. This includes, for example, discovery and development of single domain and monoclonal antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), biologics that cross the blood-brain barrier, and bioprocess engineering (bacterial and mammalian cell expression platforms).
We work with partners in industry (Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises), academia and government to advance and accelerate the development of a broad array of technology platforms, such as:
- bioprinting of 3D tissue and disease models
- carrier molecules to shuttle biotherapeutics to the brain
- chemical conjugation or fusion to couple NRC carriers with your antibodies, peptides and growth factors
- ex vivo and in vivo imaging platforms
- high-throughput, cell-based assays
- humanization of antibodies and molecular modelling
- immune monitoring, animal efficacy models
- in vitro rodent and human blood-brain barrier models
- monoclonal, single domain, bi-specific/multi-specific antibodies (mAbs, sdAbs, bsAbs)
- nanocarrier formulation and targeting
- pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) modelling
- Preclinical testing and imaging of therapeutics
Our expertise and laboratories provide a one-stop shop for the preclinical development of advanced biologics for technology transfer, as well as advisory services for intellectual property.
We offer unparalleled expertise and leading-edge facilities, candidate design, selection and optimization, as well as bioprocess development and collaborative support throughout the preclinical development process.
If you are interested in collaborating with us, making investments in this area, or if you have any questions, please contact:
Biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, biomanufacturers, contract research organizations.