Technical service highlights
Our plant hormone profiling services allow you to identify and measure a range of plant hormones and their metabolites from single plant tissue samples. Whether you are a company working to develop a more drought-resistant crop plant, an agriculturalist studying a fruit’s ripening process or a health scientist identifying a food’s bioactive compounds; NRC can help you understand phytohormone involvement in a plant’s biological processes.
What we offer
Investing in your own lab is expensive. Instead, access one of the most comprehensive services of its kind in the world. Our team is able to analyze and quantify 40 different plant hormones, as well as provide advice on hormone chemistry and how to design your experiments to ensure meaningful results. Through our hormone profiling and applied genomics analyses, you will gain a comprehensive view of a plant’s signalling and response, and how those affect its development and physiology.
Our services include extraction, pre-purification, compound separation, and analysis of hormones and metabolites, using analytical chemistry instrumentation, including high-performance liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry. When we pair these analytical methods with our internal standards, we can accurately quantify dozens of compounds in a single experiment.
Along with plant hormone analyses, we specialize in synthesis of abscisic acid compound (ABA) deuterium-labeled internal standards used in mass spectrometry. See a list of the chemical compounds available for sale.
List of hormones
- Abscisic acid ABA: cis-ABA, trans-ABA, phaseic acid PA, dihydrophaseic acid DPA, 7’-hydroxy ABA 7’OHABA, neo-phaseic acid neoPA, abscisic acid glucose ester ABAGE
- Auxins: indole-3-acetic acid (IAA), indole-3-butyric acid (IBA), indole-3-acetic acid aspartate (IAA-Asp), indole-3-acetic acid glutamate (IAA-Glu), N-indole-3-yl-acetyl-alanine (IAA-Ala), N-indole-3-yl-acetyl-leucine (IAA-Leu)
- Cytokinins: cis-zeatin cis-Z, trans-Z, cis-zeatin riboside cis-ZR, trans-ZR, cis-zeatin-O-glucoside cis-ZOG, trans-ZOG, dihydrozeatin dhZ, dihydrozeatin riboside dhZR, isopentenyl adenine iP, isopentenyl adenosine iPR
- Gibberellins: GA1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 19, 20, 24, 29, 34, 44, 51 and 53
- Free/unconjugated salicylic acid SA
- Jasmonic acid JA, jasmonic acid isoleucine JA-Ile
List of chemical compounds (ABA mass spectrometry standards)
- Entry 1: (±)-3’,5’,5’,7’,7’,7’-d6-ABA
- Entry 2: (-)-5’,8’,8’,8’-d4-ABA
- Entry 3: (-)-PA
- Entry 4: (-)-7’,7’,7-d3-PA
- Entry 5: (+)-ABAGE
- Entry 6: (+)-4,5,8’,8’,8’-d5-ABAGE
- Entry 7: (-)-DPA
- Entry 8: (±)-7’,7’,7’-d3-DPA
- Entry 9: (±)-7’-HydroxyABA
- Entry 10: (±)-5,8’,8’,8’-d4-7’-HydroxyABA
- Entry 11: (+)-neoPA
- Entry 12: (-)-8’,8’,8’-d3-neoPA
Why work with us
With close to a decade of plant hormone profile experience and with experts that are recognized for service quality, efficiency and internal standards; we provide credible and economical results. You can trust us to provide cost-effective solutions to your research and development questions.
We offer specialized services at competitive rates, which include the support of scientific and technical experts and full range of analytical capabilities. We also offer the opportunity for collaboration and/or for our partners to co-locate with us. Contact us to take advantage of our Canada-wide networking, research and development, as well as business development opportunities.
Do you need to know more about specific plant hormones, hormone measurement and chemistry? If so, contact us: