Technical service highlights
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a set of complex and powerful technologies that will touch or transform every sector and industry in Canada. It has the power to help us address some of our most challenging problems, from improving Canadians' health to fighting climate change. It will also introduce new sources of job creation and sustainable economic growth.
The National Research Council (NRC) has over 30 years of experience in developing and deploying AI technologies with industry, government, and the academic sector. Whether it's working side-by-side with collaborators on new algorithms or providing advice and guidance about exploratory research directions, our AI expertise, services, and facilities are a national asset that can help you advance your goals.
What we offer
The Digital Technologies Research Centre performs a broad spectrum of AI research and services, including:
- Computer vision and graphics: human data analytics
- Data analytics centre: facility for analysing high volumes of complex data
- Data science: engineering, life sciences, and more
- Natural language processing: text analytics and multilingual text processing
We apply AI to projects in the following NRC research programs:
Why work with us
Our team of multidisciplinary experts based in NRC locations across Canada can act as a valuable collaborator to your organization, providing advice and helping you develop new AI algorithms, tools, and methods.
Our experts are committed to the ethical development and use of AI. We regularly convene thought leaders in AI ethics to share their expertise with the research and policy community, and we build ethical evaluation processes into our projects from the outset, in collaboration with our partners.
The NRC also participates in major initiatives such as the Government of Canada's Artificial Intelligence Advisory Council and is proud to have signed the Montréal Declaration for a Responsible Development of Artificial Intelligence.
If you're interested in accessing our AI expertise or collaborating with us, contact us today!
The NRC's 100+ AI experts are based across Canada at the following NRC locations and NRC collaboration centres on university campuses and institutes:
- Fredericton: CIC-NRC Cybersecurity Collaboration Consortium
- Montréal - Decelles
- Ottawa - Montreal Road
- Toronto: NRC-Fields Mathematical Sciences Collaboration Centre
- Waterloo: NRC-Waterloo Collaboration for AI, IoT, and Cybersecurity
- Mapping the global design space of nanophotonic components using machine learning pattern recognition
- New graph distance for deformable 3D objects recognition based on triangle-stars decomposition
- Indigenous language technologies in Canada: assessment, challenges, and successes
- Computational selection of antibody-drug conjugate targets for breast cancer
- Long short-term memory over recursive structures
- NMR metabolomics in cancer research