The AI Accelerator is a new service that helps Government of Canada departments and agencies harness the power of artificial intelligence (AI).
Based out of the NRC's Data Analytics Centre, the AI Accelerator leverages the unique expertise of our data scientists to address needs that many government departments and agencies have. We deliver impactful, innovative, and responsible AI solutions to help accelerate the Government of Canada's digital transformation.
Who we work with
Government departments and agencies often face similar problems as they embark on the journey of adopting AI and leveraging their data. We work with organizations across the Government of Canada to develop AI technologies and data strategies, use AI to answer specific questions, and generate insights that can drive action.
Request a consultation to discuss your specific needs and find out how we can help your department.
Areas of focus
We are a trusted and experienced partner in AI for government applications. Below are a few examples of recent work at the NRC and with other government departments and agencies.
Helping organizations enter the data and AI space
- Defining and adopting a data culture – Canadian Transportation Agency
- Assessing automated machine‑learning tools – Department of National Defence
Transforming internal service delivery
- Automating treaty annotation – Canadian Heritage
- Assessing AI algorithms to review visa applications – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Automating parts of security screening process and augmenting investigative capabilities – Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Visualizing and optimizing project portfolios – Department of National Defence
- Analyzing and predicting demand for IT services – National Research Council of Canada
Improving situational awareness and monitoring
- Detecting outbreaks and other public health topics – Public Health Agency of Canada
- Augmenting intelligence analysis of foreign press – Department of National Defence
Informing human resource management
- Analyzing equity, diversity and inclusion in hiring practices – National Research Council of Canada
- Performing causal analysis of the Public Service Employee Survey results – multiple departments
Leveraging the internet of things (IoT)
- Performing predictive analytics for frigate maintenance – Royal Canadian Navy
- Using edge analytics to digitize and interpret signals from legacy (analog) equipment – NRC large‑scale plastic processing facility
- Automating high‑volume image segmentation for classifying high‑altitude ice‑crystal threats – the NRC's Aerospace Research Centre
- Developing edge analytics demonstration platform for automating hazard detection in transportation systems – multiple clients
Why work with us
The Government of Canada is in the midst of a digital transformation that requires new ways of thinking. This historical shift is an opportunity to leverage exponentially growing amounts of data using analytics and AI.
With over 30 years of experience, more than 100 specialists, state‑of‑the‑art computation facilities, and connections to key groups and initiatives, we are uniquely positioned to support other departments and agencies on their digital transformation journey.
- The NRC's Data Analytics Centre – computing clusters, visualization room, artificial ‑ntelligence of things (AIoT) room
Cross‑government networks and committees
- Data Science Network for the Federal Public Service
- Canada School of Public Service Digital Academy
- Federal Public Service Data Science Competencies Working Group
Pierre Charron, Client Relationship Leader