We perform advanced scientific research and provide research services and technology development for the sustainable transformation of Canadian bio-based resources into higher-value products.
Services and information
Technical and advisory services
- Analytical chemistry services
- Bio-analysis and pre-clinical validation
- Bioconversion and bioprocessing
- Cell-based assays for skin health ingredients
- Characterization, quality assurance and quality control
- DNA sequencing, genotyping and bioinformatics
- Environmental toxicology
- Imaging, fluorescence and microscopy
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy
- Seed oil analysis and Oilseed trait engineering
- Pharmacological and toxicological characterization
- Plant cell technology and tissue culture
- Plant hormone profiling
Delivering market-ready bio-based products may require additional technologies, process methodologies, genes, or libraries of natural compounds. We extend licensing opportunities for varied applications and geographical regions. Contact our business experts to discuss your needs and find out how partnership with NRC may accelerate your time to market.
We collaborate with industry, academia and government partners to develop and transform agricultural and marine bioresources into food, feed and ingredients, and other high value bioproducts.
The services we offer include:
- Collaborative research opportunities
- Access to expert researchers and technicians
- Scientific advice and technical services
- Projects tailored to your needs using our specialized facilities
- Research and development support
Our goal is to help strengthen the economy by growing global markets for Canadian industry.
- Identification of a α‐helical molten globule intermediate and structural characterization of β‐cardiotoxin, an all β‐sheet protein isolated from the venom of Ophiophagus hannah(king cobra)
- The malate-activated ALMT12 anion channel in the grass Brachypodium distachyon is co-activated by Ca²⁺/calmodulin
- Live long and praise TOR: a role for TOR signaling in every stage of plant life
- Roles of cytosolic glutamine synthetases in arabidopsis development and stress responses
- Elucidating the role of Kelpak® on the growth, phytohormone composition, and phenolic acids in macronutrient-stressed Ceratotheca triloba