To choose the right edition of the Code for your jurisdiction, check with the municipal, provincial or territorial official.
New: Now also available from eVantage in eBook format. To order, visit the eVantage on-line store.
The National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2015 (NECB), published by NRC and developed by the Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes in collaboration with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), sets out technical requirements for the energy efficient design and construction of new buildings. The NECB 2015 includes over ninety changes improving the overall energy performance of buildings over the 2011 edition.
The 2015 edition broadens the scope to address all service water and introduces requirements for pressure-sensing controls which reduce the short-cycling of booster pumps when demand for water is low. Other HVAC and service water changes include equipment efficiency regulation of heat rejection equipment, such as cooling towers and (standalone) condensers, heating performance requirements for gas-fired outdoor packaged units and updated minimum pipe and duct insulation requirements. Lighting power density values and controls have been updated with more stringent lighting allowances and additional requirements for common spaces and exterior applications. The performance path modeling rules and guidance have been updated to reflect the changes to the prescriptive path as well as more current typical use profiles of buildings. Application of the code for residential and small buildings has also been clarified.
The NECB 2015 has been re-organized to consolidate relevant information. Each Part now contains the Prescriptive Requirements, followed by the Attribution Table and related (appendix) Notes.
The NECB is a must-have for building designers, energy consultants and subcontractors, construction professionals and regulatory officials.
Table of contents
- Relationship of the NECB to Standards Development and Conformity Assessment
- Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes and Standing Committees
- Revisions and Errata
- Division A: Compliance, Objectives and Functional Statements
- Part 1: Compliance
- Part 2: Objectives
- Part 3: Functional Statements
- Division B: Acceptable Solutions
- Part 1: General
- Part 2: Reserved
- Part 3: Building Envelope
- Part 4: Lighting
- Part 5: Heating, Ventilating and Air-conditioning Systems
- Part 6: Service Water Systems
- Part 7: Electrical Power Systems and Motors
- Part 8: Building Energy Performance Compliance Path
- Division C: Administrative Provisions
- Part 1: General
- Part 2: Administrative Provisions
- Binder $65.00 CAD
- SoftCover $60.00 CAD
- Free downloadable, offline access PDF file. This file is locked to an individual computer and cannot be transferred. It cannot be installed on a network drive.
- Free single user, online access subscription, allows users to view the publications online from any computer connected to the Internet.
Place an order
Code publications produced by Codes Canada are available free in electronic format and for purchase in printed format. User's Guides now have a reduced rate for both formats.
To access both the free products and those available for purchase, place your order on-line by selecting your products through the NRC Virtual Store. Alternatively, you can send a completed order form (PDF, 500 KB) to Codes Canada Publication Sales by fax, e-mail or regular mail.
Please note: Do not submit your order more than once. If you are unsure of your order's status, please call Codes Canada Publication Sales to confirm it. Please submit your order only once either by fax, by mail, by e-mail or through the Virtual Store.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
Opening Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm eastern time, Monday to Friday.