Eureka's SMART Cluster - Online PO Proposers' Day – November 4, 2021
From: National Research Council Canada
Registration is open for the Online SMART PO Proposers' Day 2021 to be held on November 4, 2021. This is a partnering event held in conjunction with the annual SMART call for proposals and is focussed on establishing industrial co-innovation opportunities between Canadian and foreign organizations with the aim of participants joining in collaborative research and development (R&D) projects under Eureka's SMART Cluster.
Eureka's SMART Cluster is a transnational and industry-driven research, development and innovation program focussed on advanced manufacturing sectors. Over 100 organizations from more than 20 countries are expected to participate in this online event including industrial leaders like GKN Aerospace, Isuzu, Mondragon, Siemens, Volvo and more.
- small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- large enterprises and industries
- research organizations
Sector of focus
Advanced manufacturing with a focus on:
- advanced manufacturing processes
- intelligent and adaptive manufacturing systems
- digital, virtual and efficient companies
- person-machine collaboration
- sustainable manufacturing
- customer-based manufacturing
Note: this call for proposals is open to companies who have related technologies and products such as: material processing technologies, mechatronic technologies and systems, adaptive and collaborative robotics, information and communication technologies, and production technologies.
Canadian SME eligibility
Project funding through the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) will only be available to eligible Canadian SMEs. Other organizations will need to secure funding from other sources or self-fund.
In Canada, an SME is defined as an incorporated for-profit company with 500 or fewer full-time equivalent employees.
Preference will be given to SMEs that have:
- a minimum of 15 full-time equivalent employees and at least $500,000 in annual revenue
- previous experience in commercializing technology for domestic or international markets
- the capacity and interest to co-develop technology with foreign partners
- sufficient working capital and human resources to undertake a multi-year research and development collaboration and commercialize the results
Canadian SME applicants must be eligible for funding as NRC IRAP clients before they can be considered for funding through the call for proposals. For more information on NRC IRAP eligibility and becoming an NRC IRAP client, please contact NRC IRAP at 1-877-994-4727.
This online event will enable participants to:
- present and learn about project ideas in a poster session and during parallel project idea pitch sessions
- discuss and work on project ideas in working group sessions
- meet companies and potential partners from all over Europe and beyond
- learn from existing project consortiums and the SMART Office about the project process, best practices, and how organizations can take part
To register for this partnering event and to learn more about Eureka's SMART Cluster, please visit the Online SMART PO Proposer's Day 2021 website or contact Luc Tran.
There is no funding available for participation in the partnering event.