Online ITEA PO Days 2021 – September 13-16, 2021
From: National Research Council Canada
Given the ongoing global COVID-19 situation, NRC IRAP International will continue coordinating closely with its national and international partners, and other government departments, and reserves the right to modify, postpone, or cancel planned or anticipated international activities where required.
We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we all do our best to navigate these unprecedented challenges together.
Please direct any questions or concerns to IRAP.International.PARI@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca.
Should you be interested in learning more about how the NRC is helping to find solutions to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our webpage on the NRC COVID-19 response.
Registration is open for the Online ITEA Project Outline (PO) Days 2021. This is a partnering event held in conjunction with the annual ITEA call for proposals. Over 300 organizations from more than 40 countries are expected to participate in the event.
ITEA is a transnational and industry-driven research, development, and innovation program in software innovation. The current ITEA board members include global industry leaders such as Airbus, Barco, Bosch, Bull, Enerim, Ericsson, Esri Canada, KocSistem, Nokia, NXP, Philips, Saab, Siemens, Software AG, Thales, and Turkcell.
- small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- large enterprises and industries
- research organizations
Sector of focus
Smart energy with a focus on:
- Optimisation of energy usage
- New usage
Note: the call is open to companies who have related technologies and products, such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), distributed ledger technology (DLT)/blockchain that can be applied in smart energy.
Canadian SME eligibility
Project funding through the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) will only be available to eligible Canadian SMEs. Other organizations will need to secure funding from other sources or self-fund.
Incorporated Canadian SMEs, defined as a for-profit company with 500 or fewer full-time equivalent employees.
Preference will be given to SMEs that have:
- a minimum of 15 full-time equivalent employees and at least $500,000 in annual revenue
- previous experience in commercializing technology for domestic or international markets
- the capacity and interest to co-develop technology with foreign partners
- sufficient working capital and human resources to undertake a multi-year research and development collaboration and commercialize the results
Canadian SME applicants must be eligible for funding as NRC IRAP clients before they can be considered for funding through the call for proposals. For more information on NRC IRAP eligibility and becoming an NRC IRAP client, please contact NRC IRAP at 1-877-994-4727.
This online event will enable participants to:
- present project idea(s) and/or learn about other project ideas via uploaded posters and pitches
- discuss project ideas in online workgroup sessions and shape them into initial project proposals and consortia
- set up a 1:1 or group conversation via an implemented chat & video call application
- connect with companies and potential partners from all over Europe and beyond
- learn more about ITEA funding in various countries and how to get in touch with the appropriate public authority
- discover how the ITEA Office can provide support throughout the full project lifecycle
To register for this partnering event and to learn more about ITEA, please visit the Online ITEA PO Days 2021 website or contact Jiang Chen.
Registration will remain open until the 300 applications have been received.
Early-bird fee of 75 € ($110 CAD) is valid until August 1, 2021. The regular fee is 100 € ($147 CAD).
There is no funding available for participation in the partnering event.