2021 Euripides²/PENTA joint call for proposals
From: National Research Council Canada
In view of the difficulties Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) are facing during this uncertain time, the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program's (NRC IRAP) International team is committed to continuing to provide international business advisory services and funding support to innovative Canadian SMEs through its regular processes.
Given the ongoing global COVID-19 situation, NRC IRAP International will continue coordinating closely with its national and international partners, and other government departments, and reserves the right to modify, postpone, or cancel planned or anticipated international activities where required.
We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we all do our best to navigate these unprecedented challenges together.
Please direct any questions or concerns to IRAP.International.PARI@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca.
Should you be interested in learning more about how the NRC is helping to find solutions to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our webpage on the NRC COVID-19 response.
The EUREKA clusters Euripides2 and PENTA have launched a joint call for proposals for research, development, and innovation (R&D&I) projects related to electronic components and systems value chain.
PENTA is a EUREKA cluster with a mission to catalyze research, development, and innovation in areas of micro and nanoelectronics-enabled systems and applications.
Euripides2, also a EUREKA cluster, focusses on smart electronic systems and smart systems integration from components to systems.
These clusters are transnational and industry‑driven research, development, and innovation programs that enable a global and knowledgeable community of large industries, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), start‑ups, academia, and customer organizations to collaborate on funded projects that turn innovative ideas into new businesses, jobs, economic growth, and benefits for society.
- small and medium-sized enterprises
- large enterprises and industries*
- research organizations*
*NRC IRAP funding is only available for eligible Canadian SMEs. All other organizations need to secure alternative funding.
Sector of focus: Digital industries along the electronic components and systems (ECS) value chain
Key technology application areas:
- Digital industry
- Digital life
- Health and well-being
- Transport and smart mobility
- Systems and components: architecture, design and integration
- Connectivity and interoperability
- Safety, security and reliability
- Computing and storage
- Process, equipment, materials and manufacturing for ECS
Key dates and milestones:
- Information webinar: October 20, 2020 (recording is available upon request)
- Launch of call for proposals: November 25, 2020
- Virtual Pre-brokerage Event (EFECS): November 25-26, 2020
- Virtual Brokerage Event: January 12, 2021
- Deadline to submit project outline (PO): February 26, 2021
- Deadline to submit the international consortium project proposal: May 28, 2021
- Notification of successful proposals and national funding request: September 2021
- Executed Funding Agreement and project start: Q1 2022
More information: Please refer to 2021 Euripides2/PENTA joint call for proposals or contact Kasturi Narayan.