ITEA 3 Online Project Outline Preparation Days – September 7 to 11, 2020
From: National Research Council Canada
In view of the difficulties Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) are facing during this uncertain time, the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program's (NRC IRAP) International team is committed to continuing to provide international business advisory services and funding support to innovative Canadian SMEs through its regular processes.
Given the rapidly evolving global situation, NRC IRAP International will continue coordinating closely with its national and international partners, and other government departments, and reserves the right to modify, postpone, or cancel planned or anticipated international activities where required.
We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we all do our best to navigate these unprecedented challenges together.
Please direct any questions or concerns to IRAP.International.PARI@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Should you be interested in learning more about how the NRC is helping to find solutions to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our webpage on the NRC COVID-19 response.
Registration is open for the ITEA 3 online Project Outline (PO) Preparation Days 2020. This is a partnering event held in conjunction with the 7th ITEA 3 call for proposals. Over 300 organizations from more than 40 countries are expected to participate in the event.
ITEA 3 is a transnational and industry-driven research, development, and innovation program in software innovation. ITEA 3 board members include global industry leaders such as Airbus, Barco, Bosch, Bull, Empower, Ericsson, KocSistem, Nokia, Philips, Saab, Siemens, Software AG, Thales, and Turkcell.
1. Open to:
- small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- large enterprises and industries
- research organizations
2. Sectors of focus
Cybersecurity with applications in seven ITEA 3 Challenge topics below:
- Safety and security
- Smart cities
- Smart communities
- Smart engineering
- Smart health
- Smart industry
- Smart mobility
3. Canadian SME eligibility
Project funding through NRC IRAP will only be available to eligible Canadian SMEs. Other organizations will need to secure funding from other sources or self-fund.
Incorporated Canadian small or medium-sized enterprise (SME), defined as a for-profit company with 500 or fewer full-time equivalent employees.
Preference will be given to SMEs that have:
- a minimum of 20 full-time equivalent employees and at least $2 million CAD in annual revenue
- previous experience in commercializing technology for domestic or international markets
- the capacity and interest to co-develop technology with foreign partners
- sufficient working capital and human resources to undertake a multi-year research and development collaboration and commercialize the results
Canadian SME applicants must be eligible for funding as NRC IRAP clients before they can be considered for funding through the call for proposals. For more information on NRC IRAP eligibility and becoming an NRC IRAP client, please contact NRC IRAP at 1-877-994-4727.
4. Additional information
This online event will enable participants to:
- present project idea(s) and/or learn about other project ideas via uploaded posters and pitches
- discuss project ideas in online workgroup sessions and begin to compose project proposals and form project consortia
- connect with companies and potential partners from all over Europe and beyond
- learn more about ITEA 3 funding in various countries and how to get in touch with the appropriate public authority
- discover how the ITEA 3 office can provide support throughout the project lifecycle
To register for this partnering event and to learn more about ITEA 3, please visit the ITEA 3 Online PO Days 2020 website or contact Jiang Chen.
Registration will remain open until the 300 applications have been received.
Early-bird fee of 100 €+VAT is valid until August 1, 2020 11:59 PM CET. The regular fee is 150 €+VAT
There is no funding available for participation in the partnering event.