2020 Euripides ²/PENTA ECS Brokerage Event – Mission to Brussels, Belgium – January 14 to 15, 2020
From: National Research Council Canada
The National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) is pleased to invite Canadian small and medium‑sized enterprises (SMEs) to submit an Expression of Interest to join the ECS Brokerage Event 2020 mission to Brussels, Belgium, from January 14 to 15, 2020.
1. Mission objective
The ECS Brokerage Event is a networking event for finding potential project partners and consortia. This mission is focussed on establishing industrial co‑innovation opportunities between Canadian and foreign organizations with the aim of having participants partner in collaborative research and development (R&D) projects under EUREKA's PENTA and Euripides2 clusters.
2. Sectors of focus
Electronics components and systems with a targeted focus on:
- digital industry
- digital life
- health and wellbeing
- transportation and smart mobility
3. Key dates
|November 15, 2019||Registration deadline|
|November 22, 2019||Expression of Interest form submission deadline|
|December 6, 2019||Notification of results|
4. Canadian SME delegation profile
Canadian participants should meet the requirements below to be part of this initiative:
- Be a profit‑oriented small or medium‑sized enterprise incorporated in Canada
- Have a minimum of 20 full‑time equivalent employees and at least $2 million CAD in revenue
- Have previous experience in commercializing technology for domestic or international markets
- Have the capacity and interest to co‑develop technology with foreign partners
- Have sufficient working capital and human resources to undertake a multi‑year R&D collaboration and commercialize the results
5. Mission description
The ECS Brokerage Event combines the brokerage activities of the industry associations AENEAS, ARTEMIS‑IA, and EPoSS into one networking event dedicated to project proposals in the field of electronic components and systems.
The ECS Brokerage Event provides organizations the opportunity to:
- present and learn about project ideas
- attend the poster session and SME expertise pitches
- discuss and work on project ideas in consortia meetings and face‑to‑face sessions
- meet companies and potential partners from all over Europe and beyond
6. Background information
EUREKA is an international network for market‑driven industrial R&D collaboration that includes over 40 economies from the EU, Europe, and more, including Canada. PENTA is a EUREKA cluster with a mission to catalyze research, development, and innovation in areas of micro and nanoelectronics‑enabled systems and applications. EURIPIDES2, also a EUREKA cluster, focusses on smart electronic systems and smart systems integration from components to systems. These clusters are transnational and industry‑driven research, development, and innovation programs that enable a global and knowledgeable community of large industries, SMEs, start‑ups, academia, and customer organizations to collaborate on funded projects that turn innovative ideas into new business, jobs, economic growth, and benefits for society.
7. Financial support
NRC IRAP may provide financial support to eligible SMEs for up to 75% of the cost of economy airfare and travel costs, including accommodations, to a maximum of $3,000.
8. Contact information
For more information, contact the NRC IRAP International Office or NRC IRAP Industrial Technology Advisor Kasturi Narayanan.
9. How to apply
Interested participants must register by clicking the Register button below.
An Expression of Interest form will be provided to potentially eligible applicants. The Expression of Interest application form will request additional information about the applicant, organization, technology, and co‑innovation opportunities of interest.