ITEA3 Project Outline Days smart mobility mission to Amsterdam – September 2 to 6, 2019
From: National Research Council Canada
The National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) is pleased to invite Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), universities, large firms, and relevant not-for-profit organizations and industry associations to submit an Expression of Interest to join the ITEA3 Project Outline (PO) Days 2019 mission to Amsterdam, the Netherlands, which will take place from September 2 to 6, 2019. This mission will include a one-day training workshop, ITEA3 PO Days 2019 on September 3 and 4, and a two-day outreach program to visit local companies, universities, and incubators in the Netherlands.
1. Mission objective
This mission is focused on establishing industrial co-innovation opportunities in smart mobility between Canadian and foreign organizations with the aim of participants partnering in collaborative R&D projects under EUREKA's ITEA Cluster.
2. Sectors of focus
Software-intensive systems and services in smart mobility with a targeted focus on:
- urban mobility
- smart mobility system view
3. Key dates
Deadline to register: July 17, 2019
Expression of Interest form submission deadline: July 22, 2019
Notification of results: August 9, 2019
4. Canadian SME delegation profile
Canadian participants should meet the requirements below in order to be part of this initiative:
- Be a profit-oriented small or medium-sized enterprise incorporated in Canada
- Have a minimum of 20 full-time equivalent employees and at least $2 million in revenue
- Have previous experience in commercializing technology for domestic or international markets
- Have the capacity and interest to co-develop technology with foreign partners
- Have sufficient working capital and human resources to undertake a multi-year research and development collaboration and commercialize the results
5. Mission description
ITEA3 PO Days 2019 is a partnering event in conjunction with the sixth ITEA3 call for proposals. More than 300 organizations from 42 member countries will attend the event, including global industrial leaders like Airbus, Daimler, Ericsson, Nokia, Philips, Robert Bosch, and Siemens, and Fraunhofer.
ITEA PO Days 2019 provides organizations the opportunity to:
- present and learn about project ideas in a poster session and during parallel project idea pitch sessions
- discuss and work on project ideas in working group sessions
- meet companies and potential partners from all over Europe and beyond
- learn from existing project consortiums and the ITEA Office about the project process, best practices, and how organizations can take part
In addition to participating in the ITEA3 PO Days 2019 event, the Canadian mission program will also include a one-day training workshop and a two-day program of visits to local companies, universities, and incubators in the Netherlands, organized by NRC IRAP in collaboration with Global Affairs Canada's Trade Commissioner Service.
6. Background information
ITEA is a transnational and industry-driven research, development, and innovation program in software innovation. ITEA is a EUREKA cluster program that enables a global and knowledgeable community of large industries, small and medium-sized enterprises, start-ups, academia, and customer organizations to collaborate in funded projects that turn innovative ideas into new business, jobs, economic growth, and benefits for society. Once a year, ITEA organizes PO Days to broker collaborations and formulate consortia amongst over 300 participants from over 40 countries.
7. Financial support
NRC IRAP may provide financial support to eligible small and medium-sized enterprises for up to 75% of the cost of economy airfare and accommodations to a maximum of $3,000.
8. Contact information
For more information, contact the NRC IRAP International Office or Jiang Chen.
9. How to apply
Interested participants must register by clicking the REGISTER button below.
An Expression of Interest form will be provided to potentially eligible applicants. The Expression of Interest application form will request additional information about the applicant, organization, technology, and co-innovation opportunities of interest.