ITEA international customer workshop on smart mobility – June 12 and 13, 2019
From: National Research Council Canada
Request for Expression of Interest
The National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) is pleased to invite Canadian small and medium sized enterprises to submit an application to participate in the ITEA international customer workshop on smart mobility, which will take place at Ericsson Headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, on June 12 and 13, 2019.
1. Mission objective
The purpose of the workshop is to establish relationships with key global customers, end-users, and other international firms to help set the stage for potential Canadian projects in the upcoming 2019 ITEA Project Outline Days event to be held in September 2019.
2. Sectors of focus
Software-intensive systems and services in smart mobility with targeted focus on:
- urban mobility
- smart mobility system view
3. Canadian delegate profile
Canadian participants should meet the requirements below in order to be part of this initiative:
- Be a profit oriented small or medium sized enterprise incorporated in Canada
- Have a minimum of 10 full-time equivalent employees and at least $2M in revenue
- Have previous experience in commercializing technology for domestic or international markets
- Have the capacity and interest to co develop technology with foreign partners
- Have sufficient working capital and human resources to undertake a multi year research and development collaboration and commercialize the results
4. Mission description
ITEA organizes an annual 2-day international customer workshop to stimulate and generate strong co-innovation project ideas for the ITEA Project Outline Days in September. This by-invitation-only workshop will gather 40 to 50 participants, including a dozen international key customers and end users, half a dozen ITEA key industrial board members, and a dozen innovative small and medium sized enterprises. This year’s theme is smart mobility. Confirmed participants include: Thales, Robert Bosch, Airbus, Nokia, Stockholm City, Transpolis, and Wizway.
NRC IRAP will recruit and lead a Canadian delegation of approximately 5 companies to participate in the workshop. Areas of focus for the workshop are:
- urban mobility: cities, suburban and campus
- vehicles: car-pooling, free bicycles, scooters, autonomous cars, drones for freight and taxis
- smart mobility system view: intramodality, ownership and business model
- customer types: cities, citizens, institutions and regulatory bodies
- service operators: buses, taxis, trains, free-floating fleets, parking, energy distribution infrastructure, logistic operators, service brokers, data aggregation and telecom companies
- logistic operators: haulers, distribution companies, hub operators and waste collection companies
- equipment manufacturers: vehicle manufacturers and suppliers
- infrastructure manufacturers: communication networks, data processing, cloud centres, and insurance companies
5. Background information
ITEA is a transnational and industry-driven research, development, and innovation program in software innovation. ITEA is a EUREKA cluster program that enables a global and knowledgeable community of large industries, small and medium sized enterprises, start-ups, academia, and customer organizations to collaborate in funded projects that turn innovative ideas into new business, jobs, economic growth, and benefits for society. Once a year, ITEA organizes Project Outline Days to broker collaborations and formulate consortia amongst over 300 participants from over 40 countries.
6. Financial support
NRC IRAP may provide financial support to eligible small and medium sized enterprise participants for 50% of all eligible expenses (economy airfare and accommodations) up to a maximum of $3,000.
7. How to apply
Interested participants must register by clicking the register button below.
An Expression of Interest form will be provided to potential eligible applicants. Completed Expression of Interest forms must be submitted no later than May 3, 2019
For more information contact the NRC IRAP International Office or Jiang Chen.