No Drone Zone

Please note that the National Research Council (NRC) premises, located within 5.5 km from the centre of an aerodrome, are designated as "No Drone Zones." This change comes into effect after Transport Canada published new regulations regarding the safe use of drones.

Should you need to fly a drone on NRC property, you will be required to apply for a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC) through Transport Canada. You will also need a valid business/research purpose and an NRC sponsor to validate the requirement. For more information, please refer to the Transport Canada website for details on how to obtain an SFOC.

Related links