Roles and responsibilities
Perform research on black carbon with a specialization in black carbon emissions from ships and marine engines.
Responsible for improving thermal-optical analysis performance.
Scientific advisor at the International Maritime Organization (IMO) Pollution Prevention and Response (PPR) sub-committee for the Canadian Delegation.
Projet Manager for the Transport Canada funded Marine Black Carbon R&D project (plans and executes deliverables, manage budget and team's contributions, etc.).
Current research and/or projects
Black Carbon Emissions from Ships and Marine Engines
- Characterizing black carbon emissions from ships and the effect their co-emissions have on black carbon measurements by planning, organizing and participating in measurement campaigns on test-beds or on ships and analyzing the data collected
- Developing a standardized measurement methods for black carbon emissions from ships that includes traceability and an uncertainty evaluation.
Scientific Advice on Black Carbon Emissions from Ships and Marine Engines
- Provides scientific and technical advice to policy makers
- Prepares scientific reports for submission by Canada to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) Pollution Prevention and Response (PPR) sub-committee.
- Attends PPR meetings as scientific advisor.
Thermal-Optical Analysis (TOA)
- Improves TOA performance by identifying shortcomings and addressing them.
- Research into using TOA as a reference method for black carbon emissions from ships
Ph.D. Physics, Atmospheric Science, University of Helsinki, 2011
M.Sc. Physics, Atmospheric Science, University of Helsinki, 2007
B.Sc. (coop) Physics, Université de Sherbrooke, 2004
- Member of the Committee for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (CEDI)
- Member of Metrology's Social Committee
- Involved in organizing some of VP Tanguay's Women in STEM events
Member of the Finnish Association for Aerosol Research (FAAR)