Roles and responsibilities
Senior Research Officer in Advanced Electronics and Photonics Research Centre
Current research and/or projects
Printable electronics: materials test and analysis
PhD in Physics. Specialized in Optical Pattern Recognition.
Biometrics, Optical Coherence Tomography, Hybrid Optic-Electric Systems, Automatic Control Systems.
Inventions and patents
Around 10 patents
- Z. G. LU, J. R. LIU, P. J. POOLE, C. Y. SONG, AND S. D. CHANG, “ Ultra-narrow linewidth quantum dot coherent comb lasers with self-injection feedback locking,” OPTICS EXPRESS, Vol.26, No. 9, 30 Apr 2018.
- Shoude Chang, Erroll Murdock, Youxin Mao, Costel Flueraru, and John Disano, “Stationary-fiber rotary probe with unobstructed 360° view for optical coherence tomography”. Optics Letters, v36(22), 4392-4394 (2011).
- Shoude Chang, Qinghan Xiao, Brittany Reid, Alexander Bergeron, and Wahab Almuhtadi, “Artificial Finger Detection by Spectrum Analysis”. International Journal of Biometrics. Vol. 3, No.4. pp. 376 - 389. (2011).
- Youxin Mao, Shoude Chang, Erroll Murdock, and Costel Flueraru, “Simultaneous dual-wavelength-band common-path swept-source optical coherence tomography with single polygon mirror scanner,” Optics Letters, v36(11), 1990-1992 (2011).
- Shoude Chang, Kui Yu, and Jiaren Liu, “Advanced Secure Information Retrieval Technology for Multi-Layer Information Extraction”. The Journal of Nanomaterials. V2008. ID 589532, 9 pages. doi:10.1155/2008/589532. 2008.
- Shoude Chang, Xianyang Cai, and Costel Flueraru, “Image enhancement for multilayer information retrieval using full-field optical coherence tomography,” Applied Optics, 45(23), pp5967-5975 (2006).
- M. Zhou, S. Chang and C. P. Grover, “Cryptography based on the absorption / emission features of multicolor semiconductor nanocrystal quantum dots,” Optics Express, 12(13), 2925-2931(2004)
- S. Chang, S. A. Boothroyd and J. Chrostowski, “Partial rotation-invariant pattern matching and face recognition with a joint transform correlator,” Applied Optics 36, 11, 2380-2387 (1997)
- S. Chang and H. H. Arsenault, " Scale-adapted wavelet transform", Optics Letters, 21, 5, 363-365 (1996)
- S. Chang and H. H. Arsenault, " Optical pattern recognition using intensity filters ", Journal of Modern Optics, 42, 10, 2041-2050 (1995)
Previous work experience
Research fellow in NRC. Real-time pattern recognition based on Optical Correlator. 1995-1996.
Software designer in Dipix, Ottawa. Online Inspection with Machine Vision. 1996-1998.
Research Officer in NRC 1999-present. Optical Information Processing. Biometrics. Cryptography using Quamtum Dots. Optical Coherence Tomography used for midecal and security applications. Photonics Devices. Princibale Electronics.
International experience and/or work
Collaborative projects with US.