Roles and responsibilities
• Supporting the goals of the NRC through research of international calibre and the development and application of advanced technologies.
• Working in a team environment alongside researchers and technical experts in world-class facilities.
• Development of proposals for new research initiatives, and providing service to NRC clients.
• Providing input into the overall direction, and research priorities, within the business plan.
• Designing, testing, and modelling, analog and digital printed electronics circuits.
• Working closely with press operators, fabrication process engineers, other team members, and with industrial collaborators, to develop large area electronic circuits that meet the needs of industry.
• Employing analog and digital circuit simulators to design, test and model printed electronic circuits.
Current research and/or projects
I currently (2019) support the development of printed electronics technologies, including various energy harvesting modalities. I also support NRC's GaN PDK and the development of new and novel sensor technologies, including radon gas detection.
• Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carleton University, 2014
• M.A.Sc. Electrical Engineering, Carleton University, 2008
• B.Eng. Engineering Physics, Carleton University, 2008
• NRC Early Career Research Network (ECRN) committee member
• Student supervision (M.A.Sc. and Co-op)
• Reviewer for NSERC, IRAP, and various IEEE publications
• IEEE EDS and IMS member
• Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Senior Member (SMIEEE), 2008 - Present
• Adjunct Professor, Department of Electronics, Carleton University, 2015-2018
• AEP Outstanding Client Service Award, 2018
• Professional Engineers Ontario, Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), 2018 - Present
Inventions and patents
• Ryan Griffin, Neil Graddage, "Printed film based electrostatic concentrator", PCT/IB2019/059187 Filed: October 25, 2019
• Heping Ding, Ryan Griffin, George Xiao, and Ye Tao, "Voltage and current triggered switch, and step-down DC-DC converters containing such a switch", United States Patent Application 15/933,970 Filed: March 23, 2018