Roles and responsibilities
- Electronics Team, Advanced Electronics and Photonics Research Centre
Mechanical Designer and Systems Integration Engineer
- Perform the integration of fabricated components and sensor elements into functional systems and/or technology demonstrators for potential clients.
- Design and develop automated systems for optical component fabrication and testing to improve performance, efficiency, reduce costs and further scientific goals.
- Design and develop fluidic and microfluidic systems such as a biosensor instrument capable of detecting E. Coli and Ebola in liquid samples.
- Perform pre-production product design of instrumentation to improve manufacturability and enable technology transfer to clients.
S.M. Mechanical Engineering, Massachussetts Institute of Technology, 2004.
B.A.Sc. Electrical Engineering, University of Ottawa, 2002.
B.Sc. Biomedical Physics, Laurentian University, 2000.