Roles and responsibilities
Senior Research Officer and Team Leader in the field of Human-Computer Interaction. As such, I am coordinating the efforts of the team members to obtain the highest possible impact.
Current research and/or projects
Doing R&D to improve the science and performance of human-machine systems that involve digital technologies.
- Short graduate program in Project Management, University of Quebec in Outaouais, 2016
- Ph.D. in Human Factors, University of Montreal (Polytechnique), 1999
- M.Eng. in Robotics, University of Montreal (Polytechnique), 1994
- B.Eng. in Manufacturing, University of Montreal (Polytechnique), 1992
Adjunct professor, Computer Science and Engineering Department, University of Quebec in Outaouais
- Lapointe, J.-F., Kondratova, I., Molyneaux, H., Shaikh, K., Vinson, N. G., "A Review of Personal Profile Features in Personalized Learning Systems", In: Andre T. (ed.) Advances in Human Factors in Training, Education, and Learning Sciences. AHFE 2017. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 596, July 17-21, 2017, Springer, pp. 46-55.
- Lapointe, J.-F., Savard, P., Vinson, N. G., "A Comparative Study of Four Input Devices for Desktop Virtual Walkthroughs", Computers in Human Behavior. 27(6), November 2011, pp. 2186-2191.
- Lapointe, J.-F., "A Testbed to Measure the Effectiveness of 3D Travel Interfaces for Virtual Environments", Proceedings of the IEEE International Instrumentation & Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC 2008), May 12-15, 2008, pp. 598-601.
- Lapointe, J.-F., Godin, G., "On-Screen Laser Spot Detection for Large Display Interaction", Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Workshop on Haptic Virtual Environments and their Applications (HAVE 2005), October 1-2, 2005, pp. 72-76.
- Lapointe, J.-F., "COSMOS: A VR-Based Proof-of-Concept Interface for Advanced Space Robot Control", Proceedings of ICAT 2005 - 15th International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence, December 5-8, 2005, pp. 215-219.