Roles and responsibilities
I am a Research Officer with a main focus on implementing new numerical methods such as machine learning algorithms to gain new insights from data. I work with researcher with diverse backgrounds in engineering and sciences.
Current research and/or projects
- Developing and implementing machine learning algorithms for die casting data to provide reliable and explainable predictions on the strength of automotive components.
- Investigating machine learning methodologies suitable for predicting cutting tool wear as well as breakage of manufacturing instruments.
Research and/or project statements
- Working on implementing deep learning algorithms for time series forecasting
- Developing new Physics-Informed Neural Networks
- Employing reliable and robust machine learning algorithms
- Ph.D. Physics, The University of Western Ontario 2018
- MSc Astrophysics, The University of Western Ontario 2013
- B.Sc. Physics, The University of Tehran
- Co-supervising students in computer science and physics departments at Western University
- Actively presenting our work in different national and international conferences
- Acting as reviewer for machine learning conferences
- The Presidential Fellowship, Western University 2020-2022
- Updated Climatology of Mesospheric Temperature Inversions Detected by Rayleigh Lidar above Observatoire de Haute Provence, France, Using a K-Mean Clustering Technique, DOI:10.3390/atmos13050814
- Optimal estimation method retrievals of stratospheric ozone profiles from a DIAL, DOI:10.5194/amt-12-2097-2019
Previous work experience
- Globe and Mail: Data Scientist 2018 - 2020
- The University of Western Ontario: Data Fellow: 2020 - 2022