Great people. Great minds. NRC's success lies with the talented men and women that give it life. Over NRC's 100–year history, its people have earned an international reputation for excellence and creativity in leading-edge research and innovation - they have won the highest regard in a wide range of fields. The core of NRC's performance and success is the knowledge, imagination and education of its staff.
We demand excellence: Are you up to the challenge?
NRC job categories
NRC hires people in different job categories, including:
- Administration Services (AS): Client Services Supervisor, Project Officer, Administrative Coordinator, Pay and Benefit Advisor, Records Management Coordinator, etc.
- Administrative Support (AD): Administrative assistant, Clerk, Human Resources Systems Coordinator, Finance assistant, Library clerk, etc.
- Computer Systems Administration (CS): Computer support, Programmer, Web developer, etc.
- Computer Systems Administration (CS) Collective Agreement (Expiry: 21 December 2022)
- Computer Systems Administration (CS) Rates of pay
- Financial Administration (FI)
- Information Services (IS): Communications Officer, Marketing, Editor, Writer, Publications Officer, etc.
- Librarian (LS)
- Management Category (MG)
- Operational Category (OP): Technician, Trades, etc.
- Personnel Administration (PE): Human Resources Consultant (classification, staffing, employee relations, etc.)
- Purchasing and Supply (PG)
- Research Officers/Research Council Officer (RO/RCO): Researcher, Business Development Officer, Industrial Technology Advisor, Engineer, etc.
- Students (Student Employment Program and Cooperative Education Program)
- Technical Category (TO): Technical Officer, Technologist, Designer/Draftsperson, etc.
- Translators (TR)