Focusing efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the NRC vision.
Stays focused on results
- Promptly and efficiently completes work assignments.
- Aligns personal work with team/ unit goals.
- Stays focused on goals despite obstacles and disruptions.
- Continually compares work performance and outcomes against standards.
Seeks to improve personal performance
- Sets challenging yet realistic goals in line with team/unit goals.
- Seeks feedback from others on ways to improve.
- Anticipates, identifies and effectively deals with problems or risks.
- Plans for contingencies to deal with unexpected events or setbacks.
- Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities as they arise.
- Looks for innovative ways to improve efficiency, stretch budget and save resources.
- Regularly evaluates own work performance for ways to improve.
Seeks to improve organizational performance
- Using appropriate tools, methods and criteria, regularly evaluates work processes, services, deliverables or programs.
- Challenges inefficient/ ineffective work processes and offers constructive alternatives.
- Solicits and/or provides information that could affect the planning, programs and decision making for the organization.
- Recommends or determines strategic or long-term direction for the organization.
- Taps into existing technology, innovations and research where possible to add value to technology development and contribute to the innovation system.
- Establishes effective organizational methods for assigning, managing and tracking work.
Sets and models behavoural performance standards
- Sets the expected standards and criteria for measuring success.
- Delivers a clear message on the standards expected.
- Serves as a model for the standards expected.
- Recognizes employees, teams and groups who are examples of excellence for the organization.
- Provides guidance on the organizational tolerance for risk.