Focusing efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the NRC vision.
Stays focused on results
- Promptly and efficiently completes work requests.
- Works thoroughly and meticulously to achieve expected results.
- Stays focused on goals despite obstacles and disruptions.
- Continually compares work performance and outcomes against standards.
- Balances multiple tasks.
- Manages time to achieve outcomes and priorities.
- Considers costs of different approaches to completing tasks.
Seeks to improve personal performance
- Anticipates, identifies and effectively deals with problems or risks.
- Plans, prioritizes and balances work to meet commitments, goals and deadlines.
- Documents solutions for future reference.
- Plans for contingencies to deal with unexpected events or setbacks.
- Evaluates own work processes and services to identify improvements.
- Effectively operates within both the formal and informal structures and culture.
Seeks to improve organizational performance
- Challenges inefficient/ineffective work processes and offers constructive alternatives.
- Identifies ways to improve organizational efficiency, stretch budget and save resources.
- Improves upon organizational work processes, procedures, tools and technology.
- Ensures others are aware of the "big picture" in order to understand the best ways of doing things.
- Creates standards and consistencies to achieve greater efficiency.
- Considers benefit/cost analysis in determining the feasibility of proposed actions.