NRC actively recruits new members to serve on the Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes (CCBFC) prior to each five-year code cycle and on an as-needed basis throughout the code cycle. Individuals interested in participating in important national codes development work as a standing committee or as a CCBFC member are invited to submit heir expression of interest at any time using the electronic form below. These submissions will be considered during the code development cycle as well as to fill vacancies. Please indicate which standing committee(s) you are interested in joining, include a summary of your relevant experience and send a separate email containing your résumé (required) and up to two recommendation/reference files (optional) to: Codes.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know of a good candidate for one of these committees, please encourage them to submit an expression of interest using the same form.
The CCBFC oversees the work of nine standing committees whose members apply their experience in the following technical areas:
- Earthquake Design (PDF, 1.65 MB)
- Energy Efficiency (PDF, 1.65 MB)
- Environmental Separation (PDF, 1.65 MB)
- Fire Protection (PDF, 1.65 MB)
- Hazardous Materials and Activities (PDF, 1.65 MB)
- Housing and Small Buildings (PDF, 1.65 MB)
- HVAC and Plumbing (PDF, 1.65 MB)
- Structural Design (PDF, 1.65 MB)
- Use and Egress (PDF, 1.65 MB)