Place an order
Code publications produced by Codes Canada are available free in electronic format and for purchase in printed format. User's Guides now have a reduced rate for both formats.
To access both the free products and those available for purchase, place your order on-line by selecting your products through the NRC Virtual Store. Alternatively, you can send a completed order form (PDF, 500 KB) to Codes Canada Publication Sales by fax, e-mail or regular mail.
Please note: Do not submit your order more than once. If you are unsure of your order's status, please call Codes Canada Publication Sales to confirm it. Please submit your order only once either by fax, by mail, by e-mail or through the Virtual Store.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
Opening Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm eastern time, Monday to Friday.
To choose the right edition of the Code for your jurisdiction, check with the municipal, provincial or territorial official.
eBook format: Available from eVantage in eBook format. Note that the eVantage eBook contains additional functionality and is not a free product. To purchase, visit the eVantage on-line store.
The User’s Guide to the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2015 is designed to complement the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2015 by providing additional background information as well as detailed examples and calculations. It describes the various compliance approaches in the Code and presents examples of trade-off path calculations.
This edition of the User’s Guide has been updated to address the Code changes made to the trade-off path for lighting, the HVAC and service water provisions, and the performance path modeling rules and guidance updates. The User’s Guide is an ideal training tool for educators and trainers.
Table of contents
- Commentary on Part 3 Building Envelope
- Commentary on Part 4 Lighting
- Commentary on Part 5 Heating, Ventilating and Air-conditioning Systems
- Commentary on Part 6 Service Water Heating Systems
- Commentary on Part 7 Electrical Power Systems and Motors
- Commentary on Part 8 Building Energy Performance Compliance Path
- Soft Cover $45.00 CAD
- Free downloadable, offline access PDF file. This Code is locked to an individual computer and cannot be transferred. It cannot be installed on a network drive.
- Free single user, online access subscription allows users to view the publications online from any computer connected to the Internet.
- Concurrent user, online access subscription (Email: CONSTPubSales-Ventes@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca for a quote) allows a number of users on the same network to access Code documents simultaneously, available only to organizations.