Direct access to codes and user's guides in electronic format!
Codes and user's guides published by the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) are available directly through the NRC Publications Archive in free electronic format. To access the electronic documents, visit the online collection of Codes Canada publications in the archive.
To purchase the publications in print format, please continue to place your order online through the NRC Virtual Store. Alternatively, send a completed order form (PDF, 164 KB) to Codes Canada Publication Sales by fax, email or regular mail.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
Opening hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Eastern time, Monday to Friday
To choose the right edition of the Code for your jurisdiction, check with the municipal, provincial or territorial official.
This document, published by the National Research Council of Canada in collaboration with the Régie du bâtiment du Québec, contains both the new edition of Chapter III, Plumbing, of the Quebec Construction Code and an amended version of the National Plumbing Code of Canada 2015 that clearly indicates the changes adopted by Quebec. With its reader‑friendly format, the document is an indispensable tool for plumbing professionals, manufacturers and distributors of plumbing products, and regulatory officials in Quebec.
The document sets out technical requirements for all construction work on plumbing systems in buildings, and in facilities intended for use by the public, in Quebec.
A number of updates have been incorporated in this edition to improve the level of health, safety, water‑use efficiency, and protection from water and sewage damage provided by plumbing systems, and to reflect technological changes. Some of the most significant updates are:
- the inclusion of more stringent and comprehensive requirements limiting the amount of water used by plumbing fixtures, supply fittings and shower heads
- the introduction of more extensive requirements for stainless steel pipes and fittings
- the removal of all references to asbestos‑based pipes and fittings
- the updating of referenced standards to newer editions
- the introduction of a standard for oil interceptors
- the inclusion of additional standards for plumbing materials, fixtures and equipment to permit their approval, sale and lease
Table of contents
- Relationship of the NPC to Standards Development and Conformity Assessment Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes and Standing Committees
- Revisions and Errata
- Division A: Compliance, Objectives and Functional Statements
- Part 1: Compliance
- Part 2: Objectives
- Part 3: Functional Statements
- Division B: Acceptable Solutions
- Part 1: General
- Part 2: Plumbing Systems
- Division C: Administrative Provisions
- Part 1: General
- Part 2: Administrative Provisions
- Binder $55.00 CAD
- Free PDF file available through the NRC Publications Archive