Place an order
Code publications produced by Codes Canada are available free in electronic format and for purchase in printed format. User's Guides now have a reduced rate for both formats.
To access both the free products and those available for purchase, place your order on-line by selecting your products through the NRC Virtual Store. Alternatively, you can send a completed order form (PDF, 302 KB) to Codes Canada Publication Sales by fax, e-mail or regular mail.
Please note: Do not submit your order more than once. If you are unsure of your order's status, please call Codes Canada Publication Sales to confirm it. Please submit your order only once either by fax, by mail, by e-mail or through the Virtual Store.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
Opening Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm eastern time, Monday to Friday.
To choose the right edition of the Code for your jurisdiction, check with the municipal, provincial or territorial official.
eBook format: Available from eVantage in eBook format. Note that the eVantage eBook contains additional functionality and is not a free product. To purchase, visit the eVantage on-line store.
The Alberta Fire Code 2006 (AFC) sets out the technical provisions regulating:
- activities related to the construction, use or demolition of buildings and facilities
- the condition of specific elements of buildings and facilities
- the design or construction of specific elements of facilities related to certain hazards
- protection measures for the current or intended use of buildings.
The AFC 2006 complements the Alberta Building Code 2006, and both must be considered when constructing, renovating or maintaining buildings.
New information has been added to the AFC 2006 to make it clearer, easier to apply to existing buildings, and more accommodating to innovation. It explains the objectives that the Code's provisions are intended to achieve and describes the functions that a building or facility must perform to fulfill these objectives.
Application and intent statements are not available for this code.
- Binder $65.00 CAD
- Free downloadable, offline access PDF. This file is locked to an individual computer and cannot be transferred. It cannot be installed on a network drive.
- Free single user, online access subscription allows users to view the publications online from any computer connected to the Internet.