Direct access to codes and user's guides in electronic format!
Codes and user's guides published by the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) are available directly through the NRC Publications Archive in free electronic format. To access the electronic documents, visit the online collection of Codes Canada publications in the archive.
To purchase the publications in print format, please continue to place your order online through the NRC Virtual Store. Alternatively, send a completed order form (PDF, 164 KB) to Codes Canada Publication Sales by fax, email or regular mail.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
Opening hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Eastern time, Monday to Friday
To choose the right edition of the Code for your jurisdiction, check with the municipal, provincial or territorial official.
The Alberta Fire Code 2006 (AFC) sets out the technical provisions regulating:
- activities related to the construction, use or demolition of buildings and facilities
- the condition of specific elements of buildings and facilities
- the design or construction of specific elements of facilities related to certain hazards
- protection measures for the current or intended use of buildings.
The AFC 2006 complements the Alberta Building Code 2006, and both must be considered when constructing, renovating or maintaining buildings.
New information has been added to the AFC 2006 to make it clearer, easier to apply to existing buildings, and more accommodating to innovation. It explains the objectives that the Code's provisions are intended to achieve and describes the functions that a building or facility must perform to fulfill these objectives.
Application and intent statements are not available for this code.
- Binder $65.00 CAD
- Free PDF file available through the NRC Publications Archive