[CCMC 13544-R] CCMC Canadian code compliance evaluation
From: National Research Council Canada
Haven® Insulated Siding
In most jurisdictions this document is sufficient evidence for approval by Canadian authorities.Learn more about CCMC recognition Look for the trusted CCMC mark on products to verify compliance.
It is the opinion of the Canadian Construction Materials Centre that the evaluated product, when used as an exterior siding for buildings of combustible construction in accordance with the conditions and limitations stated in this evaluation, complies with the following code:
National Building Code of Canada 2015
|ID||Code provision||Solution type|
|09-27-12-00-00-0-00||9.27.12. Vinyl Siding||Alternative|
|18.104.22.168. Insulation Materials||Acceptable|
The above opinion(s) is/are based on the evaluation by the CCMC of technical evidence provided by the evaluation holder, and is bound by the stated conditions and limitations. For the benefit of the user, a summary of the technical information that forms the basis of this evaluation has been included.
Haven® Insulated Siding
The product is a vinyl siding manufactured in various model profiles with an expanded polystyrene (EPS) thermal insulation backing (see Figure 1). The EPS is glued and contoured to the back of the siding profile.
The following is a list of the models evaluated under CCMC 13544-R:
- D10BBIP - Double 10” Board and Batten Insulated Siding
- HAVBB10 - Double 10” Board and Batten Insulated Siding;
- HAVD612/616 - Double 6” Insulated Siding
- HAVD7 - Double 7” Insulated Siding
- TMD7IP/16I - Double 7” Insulated Siding
- TMQ45IP - Quad 4.5” Dutchlap Insulated Siding
- TMQ4IP - Quad 4” Insulated Siding
- TMT6IP/616I - Triple 6” Insulated Siding
This evaluation is valid only for products produced at the following plant:
|Product name||Manufacturing plant|
|Columbus, OH, US|
|Haven® Insulated Siding||Product evaluated by the CCMC|
Product evaluated by the CCMC Indicates that the product from this manufacturing facility has been evaluated by the CCMC
Conditions and limitations
The CCMC’s compliance opinion is bound by this product being used in accordance with the conditions and limitations set out below.
- The products are limited to use as exterior siding for the buildings falling within the scope of Part 9, Housing and Small Buildings, of Division B of the NBC 2015.
- When installed, all the building elements relevant to the product must comply with the requirements of the NBC 2015.
- The siding panels must be installed on furring to provide a second line of defence that consists of a continuous, clear and uninterrupted air space of 19 mm outboard of the sheathing membrane.
- The furring must be installed over a sheathing membrane that meets the requirements of Article 22.214.171.124., Sheathing Membrane Material Standard, of Division B of the NBC 2015.
- In order to drain water to the outside, the system requires flashing at locations specified in Article 126.96.36.199., Flashing Installation, of Division B of the NBC 2015.
- Sealants used in conjunction with the product must meet the requirements of Subsection 9.27.4., Sealants, of Division B of the NBC 2015.
- In order to attach the cladding, the furring must be:
- not less than 19 mm × 38 mm;
- securely nailed to the framing; and
- spaced not more than 600 mm on centre in accordance with Article 188.8.131.52., Furring, of Division B of the NBC 2015.
- The product or its packaging must be clearly identified with the phrase “CCMC 13544-R.”
- In addition to the above requirements, the product and its accessories must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation manual dated June 2011.
This evaluation is based on demonstrated conformance with the following criteria:
|Criteria number||Criteria name|
|CCMC-TG-074633.05-15||CCMC Technical Guide for Vinyl Insulated Siding Installed on Furring|
The evaluation holder has submitted technical documentation for the CCMC’s evaluation. Testing was conducted at laboratories recognized by the CCMC. The corresponding technical evidence for this product is summarized below.
|Thermal insulation||CAN/ULC-S701-11, “Thermal Insulation, Polystyrene, Boards and Pipe Covering”||Meets CAN/ULC-S701|
|Vinyl siding||CAN/CGSB-41.24-95, “Rigid Vinyl Siding, Soffits and Fascia”||Meets CAN/CGSB-41.24|
Wind load resistance requirements
|Test||Model||RequirementTable footnote (1)Table footnote (2)Table footnote (3)||Result|
|Deformation under sustained load||HAVD7, TMD7IP/16I, TMT6IP/616I||No damage observed after a sustained pressure for 1 hour at a maximum pressure of ± 850 Pa.||Q50 < 0.85 kPa|
|D10BBIP, HAVBB10, HAVD612/616, TMQ4IP, TMQ45IP||No damage observed after a sustained pressure for 1 hour at a maximum pressure of ± 450 Pa.||Q50 < 0.45 kPa|
|Cyclic loading||HAVD7, TMD7IP/16I, TMT6IP/616I||No damage observed after 2 000 cycles reversing from positive to negative pressures at a maximum of ± 1 240 Pa.||Q50 < 0.85 kPa|
|D10BBIP, HAVBB10, HAVD612/616, TMQ4IP, TMQ45IP||No damage observed after 2 000 cycles reversing from positive to negative pressures at a maximum of ± 660 Pa.||Q50 < 0.45 kPa|
|Safety (gust loads)||HAVD7, TMD7IP/16I, TMT6IP/616I||No damage observed after a maximum applied pressure of ± 1 850 Pa for 3 seconds.||Q50 < 0.85 kPa|
|D10BBIP, HAVBB10, HAVD612/616, TMQ4IP, TMQ45IP||No damage observed after a maximum applied pressure of ± 980 Pa for 3 seconds.||Q50 < 0.45 kPa|
Maximum wind pressures for deflection measurements
Test requirements were established based on hourly wind pressures that are associated with designated geographical areas. Q10 represents the 1-in-10 probability of the calculated wind speed being exceeded in any given year. Geographical areas and their corresponding hourly wind pressures are indexed in Table C2 of Division B of the NBC 2015.
|Product profile||Hourly wind pressure||Test wind pressure (Pa)Table footnote (1)||Maximum deflection (mm)Table footnote (2)|
|TMT6IP/616I||Q10 ≤ 0.80 kPa||+2 640||41.9|
|HAVD7, TMD7IP/16I||Q10 ≤ 0.80 kPa||+2 640||35.1|
|TMQ45IP||Q10 ≤ 0.40 kPa||+1 320||14.0|
|TMQ4IP||Q10 ≤ 0.40 kPa||+1 320||14.7|
|HAVD612/616||Q10 ≤ 0.40 kPa||+1 320||24.9|
|D10BBIP, HAVBB10||Q10 ≤ 0.40 kPa||+1 320||25.9|
Other technical evidence
Additional performance data requested by the evaluation holder
Data in this section does not form part of the CCMC’s opinion in the code compliance opinion section.
|Flame-spread rating||Report value||40|
|Smoke development||Report value||440|
Use of Canadian Construction Materials Centre (CCMC) assessments
This assessment must be read in the context of the entire CCMC Registry of Product Assessments, any applicable building code or by-law requirements, and/or any other regulatory requirements (for example, the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act, the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, etc.).
It is the responsibility of the user to confirm that the assessment they are using is current and has not been withdrawn or superseded by a later version on the CCMC Registry of Product Assessments.
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) has evaluated only the characteristics of the specific product described herein. The information and opinions in this evaluation are directed to those who have the appropriate degree of experience to use and apply its contents (such as authorities having jurisdiction, design professionals and specifiers). This evaluation is valid when the product is used as part of permitted construction, respecting all conditions and limitations stated in the evaluation, and in accordance with applicable building codes and by-laws.
This evaluation is provided without representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind, expressed or implied, and the NRC provides no endorsement for any evaluated product. The NRC accepts no responsibility whatsoever arising in any way from any and all use of or reliance on the information contained herein or the use of any evaluated product. The NRC is not undertaking to render professional or other services on behalf of any person or entity nor to perform any duty owed by any person or entity to another person or entity.
Une version française de ce document est disponible.
In the case of any discrepancy between the English and French version of this document, the English version shall prevail.
© His Majesty the King in Right of Canada, as represented by the National Research Council of Canada, 2023
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the CCMC.