[CCMC 13479-R] CCMC Canadian code compliance evaluation
From: National Research Council Canada
Dörken Systems Inc.
4655 Delta Way
|Product name(s):||DELTA®-VENT S|
|Code compliance:||NBC 2015, OBC 2017|
In most jurisdictions this document is sufficient evidence for approval by Canadian authorities.Learn more about CCMC recognition
Code compliance opinion
It is the opinion of the Canadian Construction Materials Centre that DELTA®-VENT S, when used as a breather-type sheathing membrane in accordance with the conditions and limitations stated in this evaluation, complies with the following Canadian code(s):
National Building Code of Canada 2015
|Code provision||Solution type|
|18.104.22.168. Sheathing Membrane Material Standard||Alternative|
Ontario Building Code 2017
Ruling No. 10-19-256 (13479-R) authorizing the use of this product in Ontario, subject to the terms and conditions contained in the Ruling, was made by the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing on 2020-12-30 pursuant to s.29 of the Building Code Act, 1992 (see Ruling for terms and conditions). This Ruling is subject to periodic revisions and updates.
The above opinion is based on the evaluation by the CCMC of technical evidence provided by the evaluation holder, and is bound by the stated conditions and limitations. For the benefit of the user, a summary of the technical information which forms the basis of this evaluation has been included.
The product consists of 3 layers: the 2 outer layers, which are made of a high strength spun-bonded polypropylene fabric, are bonded to the polymeric third layer. The product is grey and 0.4 mm thick. The product is available in rolls that are 1.5 m wide and 50 m long. The material is installed over the exterior sheathing to form a continuous envelope surrounding the entire building.
This evaluation is valid only for products produced at the following plants:
- Herdecke, Germany
Conditions and limitations
The CCMC’s compliance opinion is bound by this product being used in accordance with the conditions and limitations set out below.
- The product can be used as a breather-type sheathing membrane under commonly used types of exterior cladding to reduce the risk of water infiltration. The main purpose is to create a continuous envelope around the occupied areas of residential or light commercial construction. Such continuity is achieved by overlapping or sealing the product to itself using the CCMC evaluated contractor sheathing tape approved by the manufacturer, or to other construction materials using an acoustical sealant.
- A conforming installation must be:
- installed with the printed side facing outward;
- protected from exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun within 60 days;
- installed according to Article 22.214.171.124., Required Sheathing Membrane and Installation, of Division B of the NBC 2015 and the manufacturer’s current instructions;
- installed with a minimum 10-mm air space between the sheathing membrane and the cladding, unless the cladding has been deemed to not require an air space (i.e., deemed by the CCMC or by building officials based on past cladding performance); and
- installed with the material overlapping 75 mm to 150 mm at vertical joints and 100 mm at horizontal joints. Vertical and horizontal joints are to be taped and sealed around both window and door openings.
- A concealed air space exceeding 25 mm in width must contain proper fire blocking in accordance with Subsection 9.10.16., Fire Blocks, of Division B of the NBC 2015.
- The product must be clearly identified with the phrase “CCMC 13479-R” and the name of the manufacturer or logo.
This evaluation is based on demonstrated conformance with the following criteria:
|Criteria number||Criteria name|
|CCMC-TG-072510.03-15||Technical Guide for Sheathing Membrane, Breather Type|
The Report Holder has submitted technical documentation for the CCMC evaluation. Testing was conducted at laboratories recognized by the CCMC. The corresponding technical evidence for this product is summarized below.
|Sheet width||–||Tolerance: –6 mm of specified width||Pass|
|Tensile strength||N/mm||> 3.5||5.44|
|Water vapour permeance||ng/Pa·s·m2||> 170||3 420|
|Water ponding||–||No leakage||PassTable footnote (1)|
|Tensile strength after UV exposure||% retention of original||> 90||99.2|
|Tensile strength after UV and heat aging||% retention of original||> 85||105.8|
|Water vapour permeance of UV and heat-aged sample||ng/Pa·s·m2||> 170||3 547|
|Water ponding of UV and heat-aged sample||–||No leakage||PassTable footnote (1)|
This evaluation is issued by the Canadian Construction Materials Centre (CCMC), a part of the Construction Research Centre at the National Research Council of Canada (NRC). The evaluation must be read in the context of the entire CCMC Registry of Product Assessments and the legislated applicable building code in effect.The CCMC was established in 1988 on behalf of the applicable regulator (i.e., the provinces and territories) to ensure—through assessment—conformity of alternative and acceptable solutions to regional building codes as determined by the local authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) as part of the issuance of a building permit.
It is the responsibility of the local AHJs, design professionals, and specifiers to confirm that the evaluation is current and has not been withdrawn or superseded by a later issue. Please refer to the website or contact:
Canadian Construction Materials Centre
Construction Research Centre
National Research Council of Canada
1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0R6
The NRC has evaluated the material, product, system or service described herein only for those characteristics stated herein. The information and opinions in this evaluation are directed to those who have the appropriate degree of experience to use and apply its contents (i.e., AHJs, design professionals and specifiers). This evaluation is only valid when the product is installed in strict compliance with the stated conditions and limitations of evaluation and the applicable local building code. In circumstances where no applicable local building permit is issued and that no confirmation of compliance ‘for use in the intended field application’ is undertaken, this evaluation is null and void in all respects. This evaluation is provided without representation, warranty, or guarantee of any kind, expressed, or implied, and the NRC provides no endorsement for any evaluated material, product, system or service described herein. The NRC accepts no responsibility whatsoever arising in any way from any and all use and reliance on the information contained in this evaluation with respect to its compliance to the referenced code(s) and standard(s). The NRC is not undertaking to render professional or other services on behalf of any person or entity nor to perform any duty owed by any person or entity to another person or entity.
Une version française de ce document est disponible.
In the case of any discrepancy between the English and French version of this document, the English version shall prevail.
© 2021 Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, as represented by the National Research Council of Canada.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the CCMC.