[CCMC 14723-R] CCMC Canadian code compliance evaluation
From: National Research Council Canada
In most jurisdictions this document is sufficient evidence for approval by Canadian authorities.Learn more about CCMC recognition Look for the trusted CCMC mark on products to verify compliance.
It is the opinion of the Canadian Construction Materials Centre that the evaluated product, when used as dampproofing for below grade concrete walls in accordance with the conditions and limitations stated in this evaluation, complies with the following code:
National Building Code of Canada 2020
|ID||Code provision||Solution type|
The above opinion(s) is/are based on the evaluation by the CCMC of technical evidence provided by the evaluation holder, and is bound by the stated conditions and limitations. For the benefit of the user, a summary of the technical information that forms the basis of this evaluation has been included.
The product is a high-density, low-heat formed, polyethylene sheet roll. The material has a dimpled surface on one side that provides an air gap between the concrete wall and the adjacent soil. The sheet thickness is approximately 0.7 mm. The product is available in rolled sheets form that is 1.22 m to 2.44 m (4 ft. to 8 ft.) wide and 20 m (65.5 ft.) long. When two sheets are joined side by side, they must be overlapped by 200 mm to 300 mm with the dimples meshing.
This evaluation is valid only for products produced at the following plant:
|Product name||Manufacturing plant|
|Brampton, ON, CA|
|DMX AG-2™||Product evaluated by the CCMC|
Product evaluated by the CCMC Indicates that the product from this manufacturing facility has been evaluated by the CCMC
Conditions and limitations
The CCMC’s compliance opinion is bound by this product being used in accordance with the conditions and limitations set out below.
- Based on the evidence provided, the product has been classified as Type 2 (applications up to depths of 3.7 m).
- The product must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation manual. In the event of conflict between the manufacturer’s instructions and this evaluation, this evaluation shall govern.
- The product was evaluated for use against cast-in-place concrete and concrete block foundations only.
- The product must cover the foundation wall from the top of the footing to the final grade.
- Cast-in-place concrete and concrete block foundation walls shall have all holes and recesses sealed with mortar. The product must be installed on surfaces that are clean, dry, and free of the following: ice, snow, frost, dust, dirt, oil, grease, cracks, projections and depressions, loose particles, and debris.
- The product must be used in locations where the foundation wall is well drained, in accordance with Subsection 9.14.2., Foundation Drainage, of Division B of the NBC 2015 and NBC 2020. The product is a dimpled membrane drainage system designed to act as a capillary breaking layer against the foundation wall to protect the wall from transient or intermittent water that may come in contact with the surface of the wall.
- The product must be protected from exposure to ultraviolet (UV) sunlight within a maximum of 30 days of its installation.
- The top of the membrane and all vertical joints and terminations must be mechanically fastened with trims, moulding strips, termination bars, or other accessories to prevent soil particles from entering behind the membrane. Accessories used to anchor the product are part of the evaluation.
- The performance of fixtures used to anchor the product in the wall was evaluated for a single anchor. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to define the pattern and spacing of anchors, considering the anchor strength as well as the site-specific issues such as the type of soil, how it will interact with the product, as well as the backfilling method used.
- The product's label and/or packaging must be clearly identified with the manufacturer’s name or logo and “CCMC 14723-R.”
This evaluation is based on demonstrated conformance with the following criteria:
|Criteria number||Criteria name|
|CCMC-TG-071119.01-20||CCMC Technical Guide for Foundation Wall Dampproofing Systems – Dimpled Membranes|
|Compressive strength (initial)||kPa||≥ 150||199.4|
|Dynamic impact resistance (mean failure energy)||J||≥ 2.45||11.1|
|Creep resistance (residual thickness at 25 years / 10°C)||%||≥ 40%||87.8|
|Cold bending at –30°C||N/A||No visible crack||No visible crack|
|Tensile strength – at yield||kN/m||≥ 8||MD 10Table 1. footnote (1)
|Tensile strength – elongation at break in cross direction||%||≥ 25||XD 32.8|
|Tensile strength – anisotropy ratio||–||≥ 0.5||1.11|
|Heat aging for 2 weeks – OIT after 2 weeks||minutes||≥ 5||17.8Table 1. footnote (2)|
|Heat aging for 2 weeks – dimensional change||%||≤ 1||
–0.5 (length), –0.7 (width),
|Heat aging for 2 weeks – weight change||%||≤ 0.1||–0.2Table 1. footnote (3)|
|Heat aging for 2 weeks – residual compression strength||%||≥ 80% of initial||128.7|
|Heat aging for 2 weeks – creep resistance after heat aging (residual thickness at 25 years / 10°C)||%||≥ 40||89.0|
|Resistance to alkaline environment – appearance||N/A||No visible crack||No visible crack|
|Resistance to alkaline environment – residual compression strength||%||≥ 80% of initial||126.2|
|Resistance to alkaline environment – appearance (cold bending at –30°C)||N/A||No cracks at room temperature||No visible crack|
|Orientation of dimples||–||Report value||Perpendicular|
|Number of dimples per unit area||Dimples/m2||Report value||1 294|
|Overall thickness||mm||Report value||7.74|
|Sheet thickness||mm||Report value||0.68|
|Hollow core thickness||mm||≥ 5||7.06|
|Anchorage performance||kN/anchor||Report value||0.393|
Use of Canadian Construction Materials Centre (CCMC) assessments
This assessment must be read in the context of the entire CCMC Registry of Product Assessments, any applicable building code or by-law requirements, and/or any other regulatory requirements (for example, the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act, the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, etc.).
It is the responsibility of the user to confirm that the assessment they are using is current and has not been withdrawn or superseded by a later version on the CCMC Registry of Product Assessments.
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) has evaluated only the characteristics of the specific product described herein. The information and opinions in this evaluation are directed to those who have the appropriate degree of experience to use and apply its contents (such as authorities having jurisdiction, design professionals and specifiers). This evaluation is valid when the product is used as part of permitted construction, respecting all conditions and limitations stated in the evaluation, and in accordance with applicable building codes and by-laws.
This evaluation is provided without representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind, expressed or implied, and the NRC provides no endorsement for any evaluated product. The NRC accepts no responsibility whatsoever arising in any way from any and all use of or reliance on the information contained herein or the use of any evaluated product. The NRC is not undertaking to render professional or other services on behalf of any person or entity nor to perform any duty owed by any person or entity to another person or entity.
Une version française de ce document est disponible.
In the case of any discrepancy between the English and French version of this document, the English version shall prevail.
© His Majesty the King in Right of Canada, as represented by the National Research Council of Canada, 2023
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the CCMC.