[CCMC 14472-R] CCMC Canadian code compliance evaluation
From: National Research Council Canada
RESISTO Drainage Board
In most jurisdictions this document is sufficient evidence for approval by Canadian authorities.Learn more about CCMC recognition Look for the trusted CCMC mark on products to verify compliance.
It is the opinion of the Canadian Construction Materials Centre that the evaluated product, when used as dampproofing for basement walls in accordance with the conditions and limitations stated in this evaluation, complies with the following code:
National Building Code of Canada 2015
|ID||Code provision||Solution type|
The above opinion(s) is/are based on the evaluation by the CCMC of technical evidence provided by the evaluation holder, and is bound by the stated conditions and limitations. For the benefit of the user, a summary of the technical information that forms the basis of this evaluation has been included.
RESISTO Drainage Board
The product is a high-density polyethylene sheet roll. The material has a dimpled surface on one side that provides an air gap between the concrete wall and the adjacent soil.
The product’s sheet pattern features 6.11-mm-high double-cone dimples, which are spaced at approximately 30 mm on centre (o.c.), joined by channels (see Figure 1), and features two different attachment types (see Figure 2 and Figure 3). The product is available in rolls of 15.2 m and 20 m long, 0.86 mm thick, and up to 2.44 m wide.
This evaluation is valid only for products produced at the following plant:
|Product name||Manufacturing plant|
|Quebec, QC, CA|
|RESISTO Drainage Board||Product evaluated by the CCMC|
Product evaluated by the CCMC Indicates that the product from this manufacturing facility has been evaluated by the CCMC
Conditions and limitations
The CCMC’s compliance opinion is bound by this product being used in accordance with the conditions and limitations set out below.
- Based on the evidence provided, the product has been classified as Type 2 for use in vertical applications in depths up to 3.7 m below grade. Application depths greater than 3.7 m are considered to be outside the scope of this evaluation.
- The product must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. In the event of conflict between the manufacturer’s instructions and this evaluation, this evaluation will govern.
- The product was evaluated for use against cast-in-place and concrete block foundations only and must cover the foundation wall from the top of the footing to the final grade.
- Unit masonry walls and concrete walls must have all holes and recesses sealed with mortar. The product must be installed on surfaces that are clean and dry, and free of ice, snow, frost, dust, dirt, oil, grease, cracks, projections and depressions, loose particles, and debris.
- The product must be used in locations where the foundation wall is well-drained, in accordance with Subsection 9.14.2., Foundation Drainage, of Division B of the NBC 2015.
- The product is a dimpled membrane dampproofing system designed to act as a protective layer or a capillary breaking layer against the foundation wall, to protect the wall against transient or intermittent water that may come in contact with the wall’s surface.
- The product must be protected from exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light (sunlight) within a maximum of six months of installation.
- Long-term performance of the dampproofing system depends on local conditions, such as the soil type, hydrogeology of the site, mineralogy and presence of microorganisms in the soil (i.e., iron ochre), as well as compatibility of the filter with the soil, among other issues. Compliance with this evaluation does not exempt the project from requiring proper engineering design of the drainage system.
- The performance of fixtures used to anchor the product to the wall was evaluated for a single anchor. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to define the pattern and spacing of anchors, taking into consideration the anchor strength as well as site-specific issues, such as the type of soil, how it will interact with the product, as well as the backfilling method used.
- The top of the membrane and all vertical joints and terminations must be mechanically fastened and sealed to prevent soil particles from entering behind the membrane. Accessories used to anchor the product are part of the evaluation.
- The product’s label and/or packaging must be clearly identified with the following:
- the manufacturer’s name or logo; and
- the phrase "CCMC 14472-R."
This evaluation is based on demonstrated conformance with the following criteria:
|Criteria number||Criteria name|
|CCMC-TG-071119.01-15||CCMC Technical Guide for Foundation Wall Dampproofing Systems – Dimpled Membranes|
The evaluation holder has submitted technical documentation for the CCMC's evaluation. Testing was conducted at laboratories recognized by the CCMC. The corresponding technical evidence for this product is summarized below.
|Compressive strength (initial)||kPa||150||277.5|
|Dynamic impact resistance (mean failure energy)||J||≥ 2.45||11.6|
|Creep resistance (residual thickness at 25 years/10°C)||%||≥ 40||88.6|
|Cold bending at –30°C||n/a||No visible crack||No visible crack|
|Tensile strength||at yield||kN/m||≥ 8||MD: 8.8, XD: 11.9Table footnote (1)|
|elongation at break in cross direction||%||≥ 25||XD 25.6Table footnote (1)|
|anisotropy ratio||-||≥ 0.5||0.73|
|Heat aging after 2 weeks||OIT after 2 weeks||minutes||≥ 5||20.8Table footnote (2)|
|dimensional change||%||≤ 1||MD: –0.6, XD: –0.3Table footnote (1)|
|weight change||%||≤ 0.1||–0.1Table footnote (3)|
|residual compression strength||%||≥ 80 of initial||97.4|
|creep resistance after heat aging (residual thickness at 25 years/10°C)||%||≥ 40||86.7|
|Resistance to alkaline environment||appearance||n/a||No visible crack||No visible crack|
|residual compression strength||%||≥ 80 of initial||84.8|
|bending resistance||n/a||No visible crack||No visible crack|
|UV resistance||residual compression strength||%||≥ 80 of initial||91.0Table footnote (4)|
|OIT after 500 hours of UV exposure||minutes||≥ 5||6.8|
|Orientation of dimples||–||Report value||Perpendicular|
|Number of dimples per unit area||dimples/m2||Report value||905|
|Overall thickness||mm||Report value||6.11|
|Sheet thickness||mm||Report value||0.86|
|Hollow core thickness||mm||≥ 5.0||5.25|
|Anchorage performance||anchorage efficiency: Type I||kN/anchor||Report value||0.931|
|anchorage efficiency: Type II||kN/anchor||Report value||0.514|
Use of Canadian Construction Materials Centre (CCMC) assessments
This assessment must be read in the context of the entire CCMC Registry of Product Assessments, any applicable building code or by-law requirements, and/or any other regulatory requirements (for example, the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act, the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, etc.).
It is the responsibility of the user to confirm that the assessment they are using is current and has not been withdrawn or superseded by a later version on the CCMC Registry of Product Assessments.
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) has evaluated only the characteristics of the specific product described herein. The information and opinions in this evaluation are directed to those who have the appropriate degree of experience to use and apply its contents (such as authorities having jurisdiction, design professionals and specifiers). This evaluation is valid when the product is used as part of permitted construction, respecting all conditions and limitations stated in the evaluation, and in accordance with applicable building codes and by-laws.
This evaluation is provided without representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind, expressed or implied, and the NRC provides no endorsement for any evaluated product. The NRC accepts no responsibility whatsoever arising in any way from any and all use of or reliance on the information contained herein or the use of any evaluated product. The NRC is not undertaking to render professional or other services on behalf of any person or entity nor to perform any duty owed by any person or entity to another person or entity.
Une version française de ce document est disponible.
In the case of any discrepancy between the English and French version of this document, the English version shall prevail.
© His Majesty the King in Right of Canada, as represented by the National Research Council of Canada, 2023
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the CCMC.