CLAS Requirements Document 9 May 2018
- 1.1 This document provides detailed requirements for the traceability of measurements performed by CLAS-certified calibration laboratories.
- 1.2 This document conforms to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025, General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories, and to the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) traceability policy ILAC P-10.
- CLAS-certified calibration laboratories must obtain the calibration of their reference standards used to establish traceability to the International System of Units (SI) for all certified capabilities from any of the following sources:
- b) Calibration laboratories accredited by the Standards Council of Canada for the specific measurement capabilities;
- c) National laboratory of another country signatory to the CIPM Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) for the specific measurement capabilities listed in Appendix C of the MRA;
- d) Calibration laboratory accredited by an accrediting body that is a signatory to an MRA where the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is also a signatory; such as the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) Arrangement;
- e) Calibration sources not meeting these requirements will be handled on a case by case basis by CLAS Technical Advisors.